Is ne team planning on inproving water battles ?

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The last Austriahungarian
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Is ne team planning on inproving water battles ?

Are you going to keep the way it is? Will you add a new water triangle like (what they tried) in aoe2 Mr. Green?

Forward thanks. Smile
HE MUST EXEMPLIFY THE EXTREME OF ALL THINGS, GOOD AND EVIL!
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

I SHALL GRIEVE AND I SHALL WEEP, BUT I SHALL NEVER REGRET!
-Iskandar, king of conquerors.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject:

I think that naval battles are a thing that are greatly ignored/neglected in AoEIII. It is half developed and a boat can do a 180 turn in about three seconds. I think that naval battles play a small part (unless you have a map where you have to cross to get to the enemies base, ie. ceylon, amazons) in maps and oftentimes ships are rendered useless by towers and town centers. The only real reason for ships is to beat enemy ships and then sit around, doing nothing. The only real bonus is food, and at the time most players are unable to utilize this. The low ship number means that on large naval maps it is hard to protect your lucrative fishing operations and they fall to raids. Only the better players figure out ways to use fishing to their advantage.

I think that there is a mentality with lower tier (most of the games population) players that navy is useless, and improving it would just be improving on something that a lot of people see as useless. I think that it would be useful and perhaps would make navies worth much more, as naval combat was a large factor of war at the time. It would be a benefit towards the mod, however I believe there are more pressing matters (LEATHER CANNONS!) to be fixed

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

We do have plans to rework the naval battles entirely. Cool

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
The last Austriahungarian
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
We do have plans to rework the naval battles entirely. Cool

Oh my god lord Tilanus Mr. Green ! Thanks for replying! I know a lot of the work must be developed in silence BUT couldnt you give me a tip or a little tiny idea of what are you planning? Forward thanks \0/
HE MUST EXEMPLIFY THE EXTREME OF ALL THINGS, GOOD AND EVIL!
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

I SHALL GRIEVE AND I SHALL WEEP, BUT I SHALL NEVER REGRET!
-Iskandar, king of conquerors.
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:09 am    Post subject:

Rendered useless by towers and TCs? Have you forgotten about monitors? The easiest way to destroy a fort is to fire a long shot with a monitor or two. Same with factories and any other important buildings. I have a friend who mastered the Ottomans and he was shocked when I ruined his factories with my monitors, then his forts - he hadn't even included naval cards in his deck and my ships were controlling the coast, so he couldn't build a dock. I razed his base building after building with monitors and all he could do was to watch. The map also included a river crossing, where my galleons and frigates were waiting to bombard his troops, destroying his artillery. All of my caravels were fishing/whaling and they take no pop, so I could move more villagers to wood and get unit upgrades very fast.

What I also used to do is to get all the galleons available, sail near to the coast of my opponent's base, train some cavalry and attack them from two sides at once.

I used to play naval rushtle (rush on water, turtle on land, works best on maps with much wood, fish and whales provide food and coin) on any map with river crossing, the AI handles it much better than human players - it always builds a dock early, so it can start fishing and withstand my naval domination.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Mainly formations and further firing modes. We'll also do rebalancing, yes, even though we don't a concept yet.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Page 1 of 1