My idea for a mod (Bronze Age)

Forum Index -> Mods & Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lesketin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: My idea for a mod (Bronze Age)

Hi, people! I would like to make a mod with a Bronze Age look, mixing maybe fantasy and real history. But I haven't done anything serious, at the moment I just do textures for fun. You can comment anything you want, to give me ideas or something.
By the way, has anyone created a chariot ever? is it possible?

UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: the mod idea is good

Wow impressive units, I support this mod idea. We need a legit bronze era mod like this. I will also throw some ideas out at ya to make the mod better. Have a part where the gods of different civs can intervene like in age of mythology.Include all possible bronze and pre bronze age civs. Make each civ extremely complex like in 0 ad but go even further. I can help you think of units for civs and research for you if you want. I think with enough texturers and such you could make this into a famous mod like wol. You should go to the wol forum for advice because the ppl there really know what there doing. Anyways good job and its a good idea so keep up the good work.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: the mod idea is good

UnstoppableStreletsy wrote:
I think with enough texturers and such you could make this into a famous mod like wol. You should go to the wol forum for advice because the ppl there really know what there doing. Anyways good job and its a good idea so keep up the good work.

Go die in a hole and burn in hell.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:56 am    Post subject: re: re: this mod idea is good

I think Wol is a good mod and any starter of a mod should ask some of the experts there a few questions because I have seen some insane mod ideas in the post office section there and with these good unit models he could learn how to be a good modder. I personally thought that would be a good choice because he doesnt seem to want a 100% history based mod and would like to have some easter eggs in there. Did u even see the mod images someone had of the manchu and china?
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: re: re: this mod idea is good

UnstoppableStreletsy wrote:
I think Wol is a good mod and any starter of a mod should ask some of the experts there a few questions because I have seen some insane mod ideas in the post office section there and with these good unit models he could learn how to be a good modder.

There are enough experts here, thank you. At least this mod is polished, all the civilizations work and there aren't any civs that have 5 options for cards Smile

I think that if you want to spread your WoL propoganda then you should get off this forum.

Feel free to add me.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject:

I was just telling this person to get a second opinion as well as the first. His description of his mod might fit the expertise of several mod types and he may get good answers in multiple places. You getting jumpy at the idea of him getting a second opinion shows a little fear don't you think. It may prove what we call a freudian slip and that there is something at the unconscious aspect of this mod. Imperialism is not the way to win people over and do not worry about having your sphere of influence on other peoples mods i suggest. I just think that a bronze age mod with new ideas could be expressed by the minds that will get Afghanistan in aoe as a functioning civ.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject:

Roy, everybody who regularly visits this forum already know that Unstoppable Streletsy is an asshole. A few weeks ago he said that the WoL civilizations we called as being unbalanced are usually the strongest of WoL. Well, this tells it all. If the guy don't understand that every civilization is supposed to be there to compete and there shouldn't be very strong ones and weak ones, he's got serious problems. The WoL team knows very well that their mod is unbalanced and they face a huge task to balance it and fix the numerous bugs. I red on their forum that they released this beta version in order to get feedback and ideas to balance it. I also noted that Unstoppable Streletsy posts there very often, like he does here. Usually his posts consist of praise and word of encouragement, which WoL hardly needs. Well, an asshole like him can't help to balance the mod he loves so much. So, just ignore him.

As about the topic. Lesketin, contrary to the asshole I mentioned above, I don't get excited whenever I see new images. Their quality is good but it would be useful for you to expand your idea a bit. Which is your area of interest, the list of civilizations you want, any particular conflict?
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:33 am    Post subject:

Why don't we just ban him from this forum already?

Also for the original post, i think that the models do look nice.

Feel free to add me.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: the mod idea is good

Those are some really sweet models, Lesketin. Modders have made chariots already, that's for sure. Check this. Maybe you want to team up with him. Wink

Off topic Spoiler:

roy1012 wrote:
Go die in a hole and burn in hell.

ROFL

Someone is mad. bloody

@Streletsy
Stay on topic. Any more WoL talk in threads that seems forced and/or is out of place will get you out of here. You opened shitloads of irrelevant off topic threads, you alienated yourself from the NE community (nobody rly wants you here) by showing how extremely biased you are about WoL and how disrespectful you're being to other mods by that. This thread is about a bronze age mod and first thing that comes to your mind is promoting WoL. You're literally like the guy standing on the top of a cliff begging to be kicked.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Lesketin
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject:

Thank you for your suggestions, I consider them. I need to work more on my idea and then I'll show anything! Smile
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: I have some new unit, and civ ideas

I was thinking about how this mod could encorparate all aspects of bronze age warfare and I thought of some units that would help your mod.

1. Ballista
I was thinking this unit could be made by using a base unit like the rocket and instead of firing explosives, it could fire large arrows instead.

2. Hittite Chariot
It would be interesting if you could play on the hittite chariot being able to hold 3 people. The chariot would be able to go into several distinct modes. One is 2x archer mod when two archers are on chariot causing 2x damage to infantry. A simultaneous melee/archer mode where one person is archer and other has a sword increasing chariot resistance to melee attacks and gives the chariot a melee attack. And there could possibly be other modes the chariot could be and all the player has to do is change the chariot's formation.

3. Gods
If there is going to be any mythological impact on gameplay, maybe certian gods can send regular aoe3 units like musketeers and skirmishers in small batches since they are so much more advanced than the regular units.

4. chinese ranged unit roster
If you plan on encorparating civs from the far east, I thought maybe it would make most sense to include both a crossbowman unit, and the chu ko nu since china claimed they had chu ko nus for a long time in thier history. A archer and cav archer unit would also make sense.

5. Mayans?
You could take advantage of the aztec buildings and add the mayans to the game since they fit the period.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:07 pm    Post subject:

This isn't an antiquity mod, this is a Bronze Age mod, around 1000 BC.

Your ballista idea is invalid seeing as the ballista as we know it is more of a Roman/Greek invention.

The first Mayan cities weren't around until the eighth century BC, which is towards the very end of the Bronze Age. The reason the Asian civs can me in the game is that Europeans actually fought them in AOEIII's timeline, but Egyptians weren't fighting Mayans.

Feel free to add me.
UnstoppableStreletsy
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: years

all we have to do really then is extend the length of history the mod covers, no more struggles than that
even if we cannot have mayans there should at least be some primitive meso american civ
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:52 pm    Post subject:

No, we shouldn't have some primitive meso american civ. It doesn't make sense. Egyptians wouldn't be fighting native americans, its as simple as that. And the bronze age is thousands of years already, most mods only encompass a few hundred years. It doesn't make sense, your arguments are invalid.

Feel free to add me.
Page 1 of 1