Brief update on debug messages

Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Brief update on debug messages

Hey there,

I don't know when this thread will be posted (Edit: Wow, that was posted instantly!), but I hope it'll be asap (this already points to one of the few issues this site seemed to get out of nowhere). I've posted it on facebook already a few days ago, but anyone who visits the forum will surely have noticed it there are some technical issues. I've received a few mails and private messages of you guys and only didn't answer them, because you'd have gotten all the same reply with the same explanations which I prefer to post once here.

The current forum issues are:

• Delayed postings - It seems that some posts do appear on the forum after a significant delay of several days later. Can't tell whether all posts will appear after some time or just a few, but I do have that impression right now. Spies

• Bugged post counter - You see a lot of Spies these days on the forums. I'm referring to the user rank here that - usually - only users with 0 posts get. I can't tell yet, but I assume this is also some sort of delay issue.

• Invisible topic titles - It occurs that the topic with the latest post made appears to have no title shown in the forum overview.

• Debug message - This is the most frequent error and appears after trying to post. I've studied the error message thoroughly, but the technical reason given there actually doesn't make much sense to me. This might either be because I'm almost clueless about SQL or because - what I actually believe - the error is somewhere else and this message just a random symptom.

Why are all these things happening? I don't know yet, but I suspect some database or cache needs to be cleared. I got in touch with Elpea, the server owner, but both of our time seem to be quite busy right now. I'll try to fix this issue either alone or with his help. Elpea has been looking into the issue briefly, I wouldn't say he fixed it, but maybe that'll happen as unexpected as the issues came in first place. Wink (let's hope for it)

The purpose of this post is that I just wanted to let you know I'm well-aware of these issues, have been and will be trying to fix them. It could take a while though, because I actually consider progressing with NE 2.2 a bit more important right now. This might sound a lil unfair, but if I'd only focus on fixing the forum NE 2.2 would be delayed even more and the truth is that the majority of NE fans would rather see a new version coming out than a fixed forum.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
caveman909
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the update Commodor!
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject:

I vote for NE 2.2 over the forum Wink
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Aye aye Commodor! Have minor experience with SQL so let me know if I can help... lol
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 8:54 pm    Post subject:

BTW, just refresh the page to have your comment post when the debug message comes....
The last Austriahungarian
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Brief update on debug messages

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Hey there,

I don't know when this thread will be posted (Edit: Wow, that was posted instantly!), but I hope it'll be asap (this already points to one of the few issues this site seemed to get out of nowhere). I've posted it on facebook already a few days ago, but anyone who visits the forum will surely have noticed it there are some technical issues. I've received a few mails and private messages of you guys and only didn't answer them, because you'd have gotten all the same reply with the same explanations which I prefer to post once here.

The current forum issues are:

• Delayed postings - It seems that some posts do appear on the forum after a significant delay of several days later. Can't tell whether all posts will appear after some time or just a few, but I do have that impression right now. Spies

• Bugged post counter - You see a lot of Spies these days on the forums. I'm referring to the user rank here that - usually - only users with 0 posts get. I can't tell yet, but I assume this is also some sort of delay issue.

• Invisible topic titles - It occurs that the topic with the latest post made appears to have no title shown in the forum overview.

• Debug message - This is the most frequent error and appears after trying to post. I've studied the error message thoroughly, but the technical reason given there actually doesn't make much sense to me. This might either be because I'm almost clueless about SQL or because - what I actually believe - the error is somewhere else and this message just a random symptom.

Why are all these things happening? I don't know yet, but I suspect some database or cache needs to be cleared. I got in touch with Elpea, the server owner, but both of our time seem to be quite busy right now. I'll try to fix this issue either alone or with his help. Elpea has been looking into the issue briefly, I wouldn't say he fixed it, but maybe that'll happen as unexpected as the issues came in first place. Wink (let's hope for it)

The purpose of this post is that I just wanted to let you know I'm well-aware of these issues, have been and will be trying to fix them. It could take a while though, because I actually consider progressing with NE 2.2 a bit more important right now. This might sound a lil unfair, but if I'd only focus on fixing the forum NE 2.2 would be delayed even more and the truth is that the majority of NE fans would rather see a new version coming out than a fixed forum.

damm i was trying to send a important information to a NE assistant and now my message is bugged :/
HE MUST EXEMPLIFY THE EXTREME OF ALL THINGS, GOOD AND EVIL!
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

I SHALL GRIEVE AND I SHALL WEEP, BUT I SHALL NEVER REGRET!
-Iskandar, king of conquerors.
Aquakinesis
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject:

I actually got the debug error several times while trying to post my thread. It almost made me abandon the post but, thankfully, I see it got through. Phew Smile
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Alain Magnan wrote:
BTW, just refresh the page to have your comment post when the debug message comes....

I can not recommend that. This is what leads to double postings, etc. The more often you refresh the more often you send the post to the server. Which then will release them all at once and gives me a lot of posts to remove. Wink

Just backup your post as a txt file before you post, then post and hope for no debug message. If it comes, better wait a day.

Orwell
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Interestingly this seems to be clearing up for me, hope it is the same over all
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Yea, haven't had any problems myself recently. So maybe it is fixed? Devil

Maybe the holy hand of michfrm healed this forum. Maybe also Elpea's fix came as delayed as topics and posts used (?) to? Mr. Green

Page 1 of 1