Limits on assassin unit type and AI suggestion

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fig Newton
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Limits on assassin unit type and AI suggestion

Assassin type units (like inquisitor and spy) should have a limit; I suggest somewhere from 15-20. Past that #, it's obnoxious b/c AI masses spies, who can somehow withstand cavalry and artillery attacks better than regular infantry units.
These units aren't fulfilling their true role- to sneak in and assassinate important game units, like explorers and daimyos. I think that spies are too powerful to be massed. Therefore, their should just be less of them.
I also feel that AI should make a more sophisticated army; it annoys me to no end when the AI masses only spies or cannons.

Final AI suggestion: when AI builds factories, can you edit the AI so they know to config factories to produce wood in the late-game? It would make the AI more challenging when they run out of trees to gather from (which often happens on certain maps, ex- Deccan).
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I think that spies are too powerful to be massed.

What?, IMO, the spies are really weak, 10 musketeers can win to 10 spies, and spies are more expensive and takes more pop.
Chevauxleger
Chevauxleger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject:

I have never used spies, but I agree with him on th rest. The AI seems to be "mindless" in what it does. It doesnt concider some buildings more important then others, and its choice of fighting units is lame. They just spawn cannons, hussars and herberdiers. The only time I actually had a challenge was when the British amassed two groups (all 50) of Imperial Muskateers, a couple of field guns, and a bunch of free hussars that flanked the crud out of me. That was one tough AI, maybe it was a glitch (call it the Wellington Virus)

http://www.zombo.com/
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject:

if you want a more competitive AI you should try the Draugur AI, link
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:35 am    Post subject:

Just downloaded it... yet to try it out. Thx for the link, Alvaro.
Fig Newton
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject:

New AI is much better, thanks. Felix made a lot of useful changes to the AI. It's a wonder that Ensemble didn't make those changes in the first place.

If only AI could build walls... that would also really make a difference. In fact, I'm always surprised about how much good stuff that they left out from Age II. Sometimes I wish Ensemble would do a remake of Age II, but thinking about it, someone else has done that already- Medieval II: Total War.
Page 1 of 1