Modding Report #27 - Homecity trips
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Forum Index -> News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zooasaurus
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Is there any plan for consulate and its units? Like unique skins perhaps?
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:51 am    Post subject:

I've wrotte the first question a while ago, but again:

-Regarding the Portuguese HC, can the cards "Portuguese White Fleet" and "House of Bragança" be trasfered to Age III?

I think it is a good move, isn't it? Confused

Also, will the card "Dragoon Combat" be kept?

-Regarding Swedish and Italian HC, this report (and also in the past ones) says that the upgrades that made swedish land units OP will be removed or changed, but I noticed that there are also upgrades which make the Swedish and Italian navies quite OP too, when compared to the other European Navies that were more powerful historically. Is there anything planned about this?

You know, the strongest navies in the mod should belong to Britain, Spain, France, Denmark, Portugal, Netherlands and Russia, not Sweden or Italy, don't you agree? nodding smiley

"There are no defeats when you walk firm.
No one speaks about loosing, no one goes back."

-From Poem "Aleluia", by Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011
Darwin_
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Hey Tilanus, I was just wondering how you are going to make Sweden's military very strong, as they were, but also acknowledge the fact that they had a low population and low economic output. Cause on 2.1.7 they had free market upgrades and such, and a super upgradeable and technologically advanced military, two things that arent neccesarily true about Sweden, besides in their unique take on artillery, something you say is going to be removed . Are you going to keep their military as upgradable as they were, or are you going to make it strong initially? Also, how are you going to represent Carolean and aggressive tactics, besides just having the unit, and making sure they arent OP?

Also, another more general query, what is going to happen to grenadiers? In the original AOE they were treated like a very unique siege type of unit, while in actuality they served a function very similar to musketeers and line infantry.
The last Austriahungarian
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:25 am    Post subject:

The Navigator Prince wrote:
I dont want you to think I'm against the adding of colonial troops.
What I wanted to say is that in those times, there was a United Empire, so, no brasilian musketeer or african scout.

I think the best way of doing the representation is making some kind of banner armies, like the ones in the Reichtag.

For example:

-Terço da Armada da Coroa de Portugal (ancient portuguese marines- a place for a swedish fuzilier alike unit might I have found?)
-Royal Angolan Expedicionary Force
-Brasilian Colonial Brigade
-Indian Regiment of Goa

(these names are not historical, just the first)

This banner Armies could be trained in the University or in some other place and in diferent Ages pherhaps. In this way, I think that the representation would be more acurate and more fun than just recruit separate units. I know that this means a lot of job, but it's my idea, you can judge that.

But, hey, what do you think of my 2 small sugestions? Smile

they seen much cooler XD

Hey i was reading brazilan 18 century history and heard that the minas gerais dragoons were than famous and good. Do you know if they ever fought like internationlay, like against spain france and even outside america? (or even if the units was important at all...).
HE MUST EXEMPLIFY THE EXTREME OF ALL THINGS, GOOD AND EVIL!
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

I SHALL GRIEVE AND I SHALL WEEP, BUT I SHALL NEVER REGRET!
-Iskandar, king of conquerors.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:42 am    Post subject:

Zooasaurus wrote:
Is there any plan for consulate and its units? Like unique skins perhaps?

Nothing significant by now, but they'll sure get the same names and designs as the Royal Guard units will get.

@Navigator Prince:
Dragoon Combat will be kept, but renamed to Cavalry Combat since it also affects Hussars. Don't see a real need to move White Fleet and House of Braganca to another age. After all, these are eco-focused cards and if Ports don't have a problem, then it's eco. Wink

Sweden and Italy are on par for me with other civs you mentioned and clearly have longer and more obvious naval traditions than Russia for example. Also, your list of "naval civs" is quite long already. So what's the issue with Sweden and Italy being in there, too? Mr. Green

Darwin_ wrote:
Hey Tilanus, I was just wondering how you are going to make Sweden's military very strong, as they were, but also acknowledge the fact that they had a low population and low economic output. Cause on 2.1.7 they had free market upgrades and such, and a super upgradeable and technologically advanced military, two things that arent neccesarily true about Sweden, besides in their unique take on artillery, something you say is going to be removed . Are you going to keep their military as upgradable as they were, or are you going to make it strong initially? Also, how are you going to represent Carolean and aggressive tactics, besides just having the unit, and making sure they arent OP?

The plan is not to make Sweden's military as strong as before. In fact, they had to be nerfed and instead I wanted to emphasize certain aspects and advantage of the Swedish military such as the aggressive melee tactics you mentioned. Dragoons, Caroleans, Fusiliers, Pikemen, Arquebusiers have +10% melee damage by default. Dragoons will have notably less range, but get more damage in return, too.

In terms of upgrades I switched back to standard ones, but they'll have a couple of Royal Guards instead. Also the massive cost reductions for military unit upgrades have been removed, but the Swedish Arsenal will hold the advanced arsenal techs already by default.

No improvements on the economic site, though they'll be able to build 10 Settlers more (60 in total). The Torp's wood trickle has been decreased by -0.27 (so it's now 0.33w/s) and the Market technologies Placer Mines, Gangsaw, Huntings Dogs are no longer free, but 25% cheaper instead. So less sugarcoating. The new Carolean unit is quite cheap though, which is very useful early on. Sweden must be played aggressively now and the addition of Barracks (instead of Torps as training facilities) is encouraging that.

Quote:
Also, another more general query, what is going to happen to grenadiers? In the original AOE they were treated like a very unique siege type of unit, while in actuality they served a function very similar to musketeers and line infantry.

I know that and it bugs me quite a lot. I've so far boosted their melee capabilities which were shamefully low. Limiting the grenade attack only to buildings and ships and giving them a musket for unit attacks is something I originally planned, however, an infantry unit with splash damage would be missing then. So that's a bit undecided right now.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Zooasaurus
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Limiting the grenade attack only to buildings and ships and giving them a musket for unit attacks is something I originally planned, however, an infantry unit with splash damage would be missing then. So that's a bit undecided right now.

I prefer it this way. Who cares about inf with area damage anyways? :p
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:12 pm    Post subject:

@The last Austriahungarian:

Sorry, but about the Dragoons from Minas Gerais I know little to nothing Sad
I know that in 1807, by direct order of Napoleon, most of the Elite Portuguese troops, Dragões, Caçadores and Atiradores Especiais, with the exception of the Fuzileiros Navais, were reassembled in the Portuguese Legion.
This Legion served all the way from Spain to Austria and Russia, earning great respect.
The Portuguese Dragoons were mainly deployed together with their French counterparts in this campaigns -hence the ingame Genitours improvement- so yeah, they fought all over Europe Wink

Info about campaigns from that time in South America Spoiler:

-The Fuzileiros Navais (aided by a Brasilian Colonial Army) were put to action invading the French Guiana in 1809.

-In 1816 another campaign was called to conquer Cisplatina Province (Uruguay) for good. The Portuguese Army in this campaign was composed by veterans from the Peninsular War, so there were some Dragoons involved almost certainly.

@Tilanus Commodor:

Yeah, but this way the Swedish navy is more powerful than the British one and the Italian navy can assemble something like 18 galleys, EIGHTEEN GALLEYS!!
atomrofl!

To make some comparisons, the Portuguese navy only has the Navigation School special card, and historicaly, was more powerful than both of them. The best navies ingame, gameplay wise or kind of that lol should belong to Britain, Spain, Portugal, Denmark and Netherlands. The navies of Sweden and Italy should be like the ones from the Ottoman Empire and Russia, being able to put up a good fight, but nothing exaggerated Wink
Don't you agree?

Also, please, when you rename the Dragoon Combat card to Cavalry Combat, keep the same icon, you know, the elmet Mr. Green

"There are no defeats when you walk firm.
No one speaks about loosing, no one goes back."

-From Poem "Aleluia", by Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011
evangrant97
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:32 pm    Post subject: Mongolia

hello, i just joined the sight today. anyway i don,t know were i would put this but one, can you add the mongol natives to the Mongolia map? And i found a treasure that gives you a rickshaw for a barracks or a stable, how ever i was playing the Swiss and as such the rickshaw game me no options to build anything
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4