5th age cards

Forum Index -> Mods & Maps
View previous topic :: View next topic  
checanos
Conquistador
Conquistador

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:38 am    Post subject: 5th age cards

Has anyone tried to have home city cards that can be sent in the 5th age before? Is it possible or hard coded?

I'm trying to make the deck allow 5th age cards. I modified the UI to allow space but they dont automatically go where they should. Does anyone know What file tells the different age cards where to go?

Google+YoutubeAoEIII Heaven
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Hey Checanos! Long time no see Mr. Green

I considered it once, but dropped the idea then. Don't think it's really worth the effort, adjusting all the UI files and such. Age 5 homecity is kinda meant to offer a final wave of support with all prior unit cards being infinitely sendable and since you get less cards as the game proceeds the HC is losing its significance already at the end of Age 4. So if you really think a game lasts very long in Age 5, you'd with the current system try to add the best Age 4 unit cards to your deck.

A bit of a different thing are treaty games and those starting in post-imperial age, but well, you aren't missing any cards there either.

One reason I dropped the idea was that I preferred the game would end due to player skill and not because someone sent an imba/OP card.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Page 1 of 1