Microsoft Continues to Tease Age of Empires for Xbox One

Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King of Persia
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:37 am    Post subject: Microsoft Continues to Tease Age of Empires for Xbox One

So...

apparently a guy from X-Box teased us with a Tweet.

It pretty much looks like we get a new Strategy game, if not Age of Empires (what it probably be).

But why is he saying #Xbox? A Strategy on a Console? Neutral i'm pretty confused right one since Strategy games like AoE aren't made for Consoles and with this conclusion... i can tell is that it's not gonna be like the AoE we know Sad
But i'm pretty sure that they gonna release it for the Pc too Wink

Since i jumped on the Hype-Train for No man's Sky and got
bitterly disappointed i'm not gonna jump on this one because.... you know we all love Age of Empires and if we Overhype this too much we get dissapointet at the end Crying or Very sad
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:03 am    Post subject:

Well, Halo Wars was an example that an RTS game can work on a console. Maybe it's another attempt to get people to buy an Xbox. Just not sure if MS wanted to connect console servers with PC servers. Exclusive titles usually don't stay exclusive for very long either..

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
King of Persia
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:19 am    Post subject:

I'm still sceptical since they wanna release it for the Xbox first, the port for the Pc isn't quite different then and if they gonna release it for the Pc it probably lands on the Xbox Store like Halo Wars that is only for Windows 10 Users as i remember...
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

King of Persia wrote:
I'm still sceptical since they wanna release it for the Xbox first, the port for the Pc isn't quite different then and if they gonna release it for the Pc it probably lands on the Xbox Store like Halo Wars that is only for Windows 10 Users as i remember...
Well, I don't blame them that much. Windows 10 has new Metro interface library, quite different from Windows 8.1 one. It was designed in a way allowing easy and compatible porting of Xbox apps, not the other way round (*cough* based on Xbox libraries *cough*). For Microsoft Games it's a way to save money/time/work - they can design an Xbox game, port it easily to Windows 10 and claim it's Windows-compatible, the problem is on the user's side, because they haven't upgraded their Windows to the latest version. Oh, and BTW, Win10 should* work flawlessly on any machine supporting Win7, so WHY THE HELL DIDN'T YOU UPDATE YOU FREAKIN' IGNORANT?! WE WERE GIVING YOU WINDOWS 10 FOR FREE AND YOU DIDN'T WANT IT, NOW GO PAY YOURSELF!

*it doesn't do so out-of-the-box on my machine. I have to use modded drivers for my integrated GPU and install touchpad drivers for Win8 in compatibility mode.
King of Persia
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:35 pm    Post subject:

i upgraded to windows 10 since the insider preview but k Mr. Green
Page 1 of 1