Go to page 1, 2  Next

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Some strange bugs

Hi all,

I noticed some bugs with my game. Not sure if anyone else have the same issues.

-First:

The Reichtag Armies of the German civ. I ship them, their cost is alright, they train normally, but when "they" arrive, the only thing that appears is, for example, a Jaeger without attack but with hp, that cannot attack or be attacked. This happens not only when I play with the Germans, but also when I play against them.

-Second:

I cannot build a Trading Post in the native sites of the Bavarians and Barbary pirates, so, I don't have access to them. All the other natives are fine, so I don't really get what is going on...

-Third (this one I'm not sure if it is a bug):

In the Black Forest map, having in consideration the image the appears when the map is loading, it looks like the forest is suppose to be like the one of the Northwest Territory, but, in reality, the forest is equal to the New Englad map.
Is this intentional? (the map would be mutch better with the N.T. forest)

-Fourth:

I've seen this one reported, but in a old thread, so I don't know if the NE Team already corrected it and it is still happening with me alone.
The AI Personality of the Swedish, Charles XII, doesn't speak, I mean, I think that there's no real AI Personality given to him.

Can someone help me?

-From the Poem "Aleluia", of Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011 | FC Porto

FC Porto's Official Site: www.FCPorto.pt/en
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Hey Navigator Prince!

The first bug you mentioned is quite strange because I never had a similar issue. But I'm going to check it.

The second one, well in some very rare cases it happens. I suggest you to try again a match on the Barbary Coast and Alpine Pass. Most probably you won't have that issue again.

Regarding the third bug, at least on my NE 2.2 files, the forest of the loading screen and the one in the map looks the same. So, I guess Tilanus fixed it already.

Regarding the AI of Sweden, of course it has an AI (the one of Maurice of Nassau was used) but in any case the voice shall be fixed for the next version.

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate that. I hope you will continue reporting anything strange you finds on NE 2.1.7. I have a little present for you: http://imgur.com/a/wQ4Sr
The Guarda do Imperador (hope you doesn't mind Tilanus Razz, this guy seems to love NE Portugal)
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Hi Firestorm,
First of all, the Guarda is AMAZING!!! Hooray! Hooray! ^^ Thank you men! You just made my beautiful and wonderful Sunday complete!

I can't wait to unleash the full might of the Portuguese Royal Cavalry!! Smile

Really, great work of you and NE Team! If you need help in matters regarding Portugal, I'm not an expert, but I will gladly help you in what I can.

Now, the bugs:

The first bug happens all the time. Perhaps is something wrong with my data.

Regarding the second, I tried many times to play in maps with those natives before posting and happened all the times... And when I could build a trading post, something really, and I mean really, strange happened (get ready), the trading post is equal to the ones you can build near a trade route so, instead of recruit natives, you can select the resource you want when that poor guy passes in that site lol

As for the third, maybe something wrong with my data again.

Edit: Wait, if the screenshot of the Gurada is in the map Black Forest, then your map is equal to mine, and I was just being too meticulous.

Cool, finally we will be able to hear the Commander of the Elite Northern Armies, both in life and, specially, in death... evil

If I find something wrong I will make you know. This mod is fantastic.

-From the Poem "Aleluia", of Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011 | FC Porto

Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:18 pm    Post subject:

The issue of banner armies must be something wrong in your data. It never happened to me. Regarding trading posts issues, it is strange too cuz it is permanent as far as I understand. Then, in some rare cases strange things happens. I too got the wrong trading post once, on NE Nile River, just as you said. Maybe it would be good to uninstall and re-install the mod again.

Regarding the Voice of Karl XII, well we can't have his voice, cuz he died 3 centuries ago lol Just another voice in English.

As for the Black Forest map, on NE 2.2 the one in the loading screen and ingame looks the same. At least to me.
Loading screen: http://i.imgur.com/GLj5Y6u.jpg
Map ingame: http://i.imgur.com/GWqt5LO.jpg

The only big difference I noticed between the two versions (regarding maps) it is on NE Nile Flood.
Map on NE2.1.7b: http://i.imgur.com/5cpGkl5.jpg
Map on NE2.2: http://i.imgur.com/zuaXVfl.jpg
I don't know what else the team is going to change regarding maps, usually I'm interested on the civilizations and natives, but I do have faith in Tilanus ability to improve every detail of this mod.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject:

Here are the "Armies" that spawn at the Reichtag for me (the first and the last of the Armies don't even spawn anything) :
https://imgur.com/a/4uAYi
https://imgur.com/a/yw10e
https://imgur.com/a/Cccor
http://imgur.com/Nhu0TyT

Quote:
Regarding the Voice of Karl XII, well we can't have his voice, cuz he died 3 centuries ago lol Just another voice in English

Then, that voice will be just fine. Though I wanted to know which would be the last words of a Swedish Commander... maniac

This is how the Black Forest looks to me ingame (as I said, mine is with the New England Forest set, instead of the Northwest Territory one) :
https://imgur.com/a/WW1j2

The improvement of some maps was a lil necessity, and, as far as I can see, it's done. Good job!

Well, to solve this, perhaps I shoud do what you advised, un-install and then re-install the mod. One question (a bit noob), in order to not lose my present Homecities, I just need to backup the Savegame folder right?

Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
One question (a bit noob), in order to not lose my present Homecities, I just need to backup the Savegame folder right?

Yup!

Quote:
The improvement of some maps was a lil necessity

Yeah, actually there has been some kind of rework of the NE maps like a few change in its graphics, new treasures and treasure guardians, even new trade route units but we have still a lot of work with them. While we can be reasonably happy with the progress made on both Vanilla civilizations and the NE ones, map and natives are still an area we have to work prior to the release of NE 2.2.

BTW, on the image of the loading screen I posted, did you noticed the computer personality I played against Mr. Green ?
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yup!

Ok, thanks!

Quote:
BTW, on the image of the loading screen I posted, did you noticed the computer personality I played against?

The Danish, isn't it? Smile The Guarda, the Danish Empire, the new map features... this Mod is growing in every aspects.
Anyway, Christian IV... just another Nordic Ruller that will beg for mercy (in the english voice of someone else lol - perhaps with dutch accent Hammer ) as soon as his apparently good Navy is converted to a floating junk by my all-mighty Frigates! muahahaha evil

When I finish the re-intalation I will say if the issues were corrected.

The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Sorry for the late update...busy days Smile

About unistalling and re-instaling the mod...
I tried 2 times yesterday and 2 times today aannddd nothing...

It must be a chronic problem lol

Btw, thanks for the help Firestorm!
Perhaps with the next version somehow, in a magical way, everything goes right (I say this cuz last time the new version solved some problems that were just as weird as this).

Anyway, I don't play mutch with the Germans or in the Black Forest, and I can live without the bavarians- ingame of course, my favourite german football team is a bavarian one Wink

Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Oh, I'm so sorry!
For the next version you will have to wait until its done. Unfortunately Tilanus has some connection problems these days, so he can't help either. In order to somehow redeem you, you can ask me a question related to NE 2.2 and I will try to answer you, at least a diplomatic answer. Cool Come on!
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
you can ask me a question related to NE 2.2 and I will try to answer you, at least a diplomatic answer.

This is great! Hooray! Hooray! ^^ Thank you for the oportunity. A question... It's hard to find something woth the oportunity that, at the same time, don't spoils too much..

Here it goes:

With all the changes that NE 2.2 will bring, which Nation will have the most powerful Land Army?

(I know that this sort of things always depend on strategies and such, but give me your opinion)

Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Wow, I gave you the opportunity to spoil something and you just asks my opinion?! You surprised me, I must confess! Surprised

So, USA, Poland, Sweden and the Ottomans got more changes than the others on their military roster. Also there's the new civilization, Denmark who excels with its military units having more hit points than normally NE civilizations get.

But in my opinion France still stands as the best on this matter. After all this is the Napoleonic Era mod Mr. Green

France doesn't change much from NE 2.1.7b, except for a few twists but when I play it, usually I find easier to win a match. Their unique Villager unit, the Sansculotte is not just stronger but gathers faster too. Ok, it is more expensive but if you start the game trying to gather as much food as possible, select the right cards, the right politicians, you soon enjoys a very solid economy. For me France is a boomer civilization and a good economy means more and more Cuirassiers Devil
For me, heavy cavalry is their strongest asset, and after you empowers them with HC Cards, make them cheaper and train them instantly, there's nothing to stop you. Then France has RG Skirmishers and Grenadiers, and a few special elite units. Their army is complete, that's why we are hesitating to give them the new Chevauxleger cuz it already has great cavalry. Their infantry and artillery doesn't lack anything serious, so I vote for France.

Personally, I think they are overpowered, so I'm trying to find ways to balance them, without ruining the core of this civilization. We have discussed a few ideas, my first success in this regard was to convince Tilanus (it wasn't hard cuz he is a very reasonable boy) to get rid of the infinite forts HC Card.
The last Austriahungarian
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Speaking abou that what exactly ne france is pretended tp have of unique.... They just look a all around civ with no weakness....
HE MUST EXEMPLIFY THE EXTREME OF ALL THINGS, GOOD AND EVIL!
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

I SHALL GRIEVE AND I SHALL WEEP, BUT I SHALL NEVER REGRET!
-Iskandar, king of conquerors.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Speaking abou that what exactly ne france is pretended tp have of unique.... They just look a all around civ with no weakness....

NE France is supposed to have a bit of everything and to be the main civ of this mod. We do have more plans for it after NE 2.2 which I can't reveal at the moment. I believe that in order to beat NE France you need to attack it early. Sansculottes are strong indeed but a strong quick rush can defeat them. Some of the main strengths of France were inherited from AoE3 itself. The Coureur de Bois bonuses, the Cuiraisser is stronger on the original game, the Hussar too. If you play France on TWC there is a HC Card which decreases the population cost of the Cuirassers from 3 to 2. That changed on TAD but I wish to make further amends.

There are other civilizations with very good military units, for example the Prussians, but they are more balanced. We are trying to make our European civilizations as balanced and historical as possible. But this is not chess, there always will be someone stronger. Once we finish it we will turn our attendion into the east Mr. Green
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Hoping fo the team balance Smile

And yes the magnificent EAST;)
THAT IS WHY HIS RETAINERS ENVY AND ADORE HIM, AND WHY THE FLAMES OF ASPIRATION, TO BE AS THE KING IS, CAN BURN WITHIN
HIS PEOPLE!

Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Speaking about that are the concept of hussar , chevauliersomething and cuiraisser supposed to cost 1, 2 and3 pop? Or will cuiraissers ad chevalunix cost less?
HIS PEOPLE!

Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Speaking about that are the concept of hussar , chevauliersomething and cuiraisser supposed to cost 1, 2 and3 pop? Or will cuiraissers ad chevalunix cost less?

No, the Hussar and Chevauleger cost 2 pop, and Cuiraisser cost 3 pop. Also the Hussar is cheaper than the Chevauleger who is cheaper than Cuirasser. My idea is for the french is to force them to rely on their infantry units more. The AI do train a bit of everything but I guess human players rely much on the heavy cavalry, at least I do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2