Go to page Previous  1, 2

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zooasaurus
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject:

Nice to hear that the Ottomans will be improved a lot Mr. Green

How about the Dutch? To me they're like the most boring civ to play besides Portugal (No offense, Henry Razz ) will they get some change? A musketeer/line infantry equivalent unit probably?
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject:

Zooasaurus, the Ottomans gets more out of its university now. They look much more Ottoman Mr. Green now.
Out of the European civs, the worst of them were the Spanish if you ask me. But they too are improving, quite a lot indeed. The Dutch do have a Line Infantry unit, the Fusilier and some nice RGs now. The reworked church mercenaries are cool. One amazing thing of NE 2.2 is that many units got a new look and many others were added as brand new units. Also the RGs and most church mercenaries got unique look as well. There are the new sounds that are great. Also we will try to rework some of the current natives and bring new ones too Wink
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject:

Wow...this topic became even more interesting than I have predicted Smile
(familiar sentence, isn't it?)

Firestorm wrote:
I gave you the opportunity to spoil something and you just asks my opinion?! You surprised me, I must confess!

Yes, spoiling too much would take all the fun of the new version. I prefer the secrecy policy you use Wink

The Dutch, Spanish and Ottomans needed some light on them. It's excelent they will get it. Although the present Icon of the Janissary is better, in my opinion.

Speaking of the University: When I play in a naval map, the first thing I hope to find in the University is the tech "High Seas Fleet", but it is rarely present and sometimes appears when you are in a land map. Can this be corrected?

About one specific native, there is a specific topic speaking about it, but I will ask right here: Will the Maltese Knights be reworked in the next version (or reworked at all)?

"There are no defeats when you walk firm.
No one speaks about loosing, no one goes back."

-From Poem "Aleluia", by Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011
Isa_S
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject:

Will austrians get some love too? Smile
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:15 pm    Post subject:

Isa_S wrote:
Will austrians get some love too?

The Austrian Habsburg Army is very good I think.

You can recruit Line Infantry, excelent skimishers, good Cavalry, awesome grenadiers and get acess to the nightmare of the Prince Eugene Brigade.

Austria have a good early eco with cheap settlers. More, their defense capabilities are very good and can easly be put to use in the offensive.
Their really great defict is the Navy, even more evidently showed in the next version with that special Galley card.

Also their great conection to natives and merceneries (improved in the next version) makes Austria a great Force to consider and very fun to play.

Isa_S
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject:

The Navigator Prince wrote:
Isa_S wrote:
Will austrians get some love too?

The Austrian Habsburg Army is very good I think.

You can recruit Line Infantry, excelent skimishers, good Cavalry, awesome grenadiers and get acess to the nightmare of the Prince Eugene Brigade.

Austria have a good early eco with cheap settlers. Their great defict is the Navy, even more evidently showed in the next version with that special Galley card.

Also their great conection to natives and merceneries (improved in the next version) makes Austria a great Force to consider and very fun to play.

Hmmm...yes, we already know all that. I main spanish and austrians.
Actually, I am trying to gather any new information from firestorm.
I have read that line infantry will become like a tougher musketeer so won't the ranged attack damage bonus against calvary and light infantry remain (hungarian grenadiers)? Is there something new about the grenzer techs?
It is ok if you can't reveal more informations. I am just curious Razz
Zooasaurus
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:53 pm    Post subject:

One thing, must we create a new HC when the new update came out?
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject:

As the Navigator Prince said, the topic got transformed, and I'm the one to blame for it Razz
A few quick answer befor I start a long boring trip after a few minutes. 1. The university techs are random, except the civ specific ones which we call ultimate techs. We are working on them too.
2. Austria is already pretty strong and doesn't loose any of its strengths. Its true that the Line Infantry got reworked into a musketeer-like unit but its stronger now. I pushed hard to improve Austrian cavalry, and Tilanus did made a few twists here and there. So, Austria did receive its share of love, it always has been my favourite NE civ Mr. Green
3. You will loose all your current HC after installing NE2.2. The HC itself are reworked, as you have seen in the last modding report. So it does not make any sense to keep the existing ones. Anyway it isn,t hard to make new ones, right?
On the last note, I disagree regarding the Janissary portrait. The new one looks a lot better IMO. Don't get surprised if you see new icons for existing units in the future. We are determined to improve AoE3 as we find best. Wish a nice weekend to you all.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Hi all,

I noticed a really really small bug, perhaps you already noticed, but I didn't found anything about it so... here it goes:

-some mercenary cards say that send a X number of units, but in reallity, send a different quantity; this is also true for one of the Russian Cossack Age II cards (says that sends 5 cossacks, but only sends 4).

For example, with the Austrians, the Privateer Ships Mercenary Card (Age II) sends 3 and not 2 ships (it's strange cuz you actually pay 600 coins instead of 500).

Hope you can solve it Mr. Green

General Ricardos
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject:

- The Prussian settler unit doesn't fight back with guns, only fists

- There is a white flag floating over the Prussian home city

- The Polish cannot hunt in the Discovery Age but in Colonial they can get meat from deer without killing them (veeery slowly). It looks like they are milking them. I've seen Japanese doing the same when the deer are not in a sanctuary

- The Abus gun behaves like a slow melee unit and doesn't shoot

- The Italian patron saint statue loses its base as soon as it is damaged, leaving the statue proper floating in the air. When I click repair, it gets the bar green again but it never finishes and the statue remains floating.

- When Ivan the Terrible destroys MY native trading posts he gets angry and talks like I have destroyed HIS.

- Upgraded artillerymen have floating hats that are only on their heads when they stop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2