I'm a little mystified

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mike0liver
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: I'm a little mystified

I've recently started to play NE but I seem to be playing in a time-warp. Maybe I've misunderstood something. Is the game supposed to be Napoleonic or early European Exploration/Colonisation?

I want to fight battles in the Peninsular War, etc. but I seem to be building settlements in various parts of the Americas or somewhere and trying to fight enemies with pikes, bows & arrows and the like - not quite what I was expecting. The interesting thing is that, in my last game, I was allied to Napoleon! But he was about 1.5 centuries early! And the uniforms seem to be early to mid 18th Century.

Don't get me wrong, I have quite enjoyed what I've played so far but it isn't quite what I expected. Have I done something wrong?

Cheers,
Mike
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Hello mikeOliver!
This mod is based on the historical timeline that starts from mid XVI Century and ends in the early XIX Century. We are interested at any major event of the european major and medium powers during this timeline. Anyway we are reworking all the vanilla and NE civilizations, so in the next patch all of them will follow a historical progress throughout the ages. That means that they will start with units of XVI century and will end with units of the French Revolutionary Wars and Napoleonic Wars ones. Off course the process is long and you won't see all of that in the next patch but we are doing our best to improve this mod.
P.S: If you are interested in Napoleonic Wars alone, check a mod called Hundred Days. It is developed by a former NE team member, and despite being incomplete maybe it will satisfy your requirements.
mike0liver
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:39 pm    Post subject: I'm a little mystified

OK - thanks for that explanation. I have offered my assistance to Tilanus Commodor as a historian and hope I'll be able to contribute to the development process.

If, at some point, you decide to include facilities for playing small battles as "one-offs" I should be able to help with historical maps, orders of battle, uniforms and narratives.

Meanwhile I shall continue to process through the years with NE as it is and I'm sure I shall enjoy it immensely.

Cheers,
Mike
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject:

Hey mike0liver, I do feel your pain from a developer perspective, too. Wink It's exactly why I'm doing what Firestorm just described. I also answered your mail btw. Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Page 1 of 1