A little suggestion for the austrian Civ.

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
philipp_treichl@outlook.c
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:09 pm    Post subject: A little suggestion for the austrian Civ.

Hey there guys!

As I'm quite interested in the tyrolean uprising during the napoleonic Era, i've come up with the idea of creating a special unit roster for the austrians (like an austrian-only native unit) that would somehow work like an quite cheap addition for the austrians.

During the 4th Coalition wars, the contry of Tyrol, which was back then given to the Kingdom of Bavaria by Napoleon, due to economical and religious backgrounds, started revolting against the franco-bavarian uppressors. During the well known "Befreiungskriege" some quite well known battles were fought, one of them were the 4 Battles of the Berg Isel in the South of Innsbruck. Mostly known for it's mentioning art as the well known "Riesenrundgemälde" (giant round painting) or "Tyrol-Panorama", this era showed the heart and determination of a farmers folk to it's emperor (Franz the 1st of Austria) and it's religion which played an very important role to them.

Mostly recommended by the french for their shooting experience and accuracy, the tyroleans were also known for fighting with farmer weapons - war scythes, flails, morning stars, even medieval halberds and saws reforged to naginata-like polearms (you can imagine the damage inflicted if you were cut by one of these) were used against the highly-trained bavarian, french and saxonian troops. Therefore, the unit roster could contain e.g. one shooting unit (maybe we could re-work the bavarian Gebirgsschutze to a Tyrolean Landschütze) and two hand-infantry units - one defensive (for example with the war-scythe) and one with an offensive weapon - e.g. with the flail. Also, you might be able to select an "Schützenkommandant" (Rifle's officer in english) according to the 3 historical most important leaders of the insurrection (therefore it would nearly be like the consulate of the asian factions)

- Andreas Hofer - choosing him would gain you economic benefits, as he was a innkeeper and cattle trader. He was also the leader of the insurrection and later was killed by the french in Mantua for participating in it.

- Pater Joachim Haspinger - a priest, which was not only known for his read beard (therefore called Pater Rotbart/ father redbeard), but also for his ability to encourage and motivate the troops and for fighting with an cross with was reforged to a Spear. He would ether gain you XP or unit upgrades for the tyroleans to make them stronger.

- Peter Mayr - known for his tactical intelligence and his bravery, he could be able to boost nearby units or anything like this - has to be thought about maybe sometime later! Wink

here you can find some pictures of the tyrolean heros:

http://www.sagen.at/doku/andreas_hofer/Andreas_Hofer_Speckbacher_Haspinger.html

The leaders and the units could be hired in an tyrolean farm house, which could look like a smaller version of the austrian keep, with white walls (like this one in the picture)

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/purchase.php?item_id=4528

Naturally, every leader would bring it's own benefits and special cards. There sould also be 1-2 cards that are given to every leader no matter which one you chose as the tyroleans have always been a folk of intelligent engineers and thinkers Smile

Maybe this idea can someday be included somehow in the game - by the way I want to thank all the editors and modders for this AAAAAAWESOME MOD and the determination they put into it. I enjoy every hour of playing it and can't wait till the next release! Unfortunately, I can't help you with modding itself as I am a total noob considering modding, but with e'ry historical question about tyrol or Austria during this special time feel free to ask me Smile (also for further pictures/links if someone is now intrested in tyrol and its brave uprising Smile )

Yous,
a Tyrolean Fan Smile
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Hey Philipp,

thanks for your post and the kind words. Glad you enjoy NE! Mr. Green I have considered foremost Andreas Hofer (simply the most well-known one) to play a role in the Austrian revolution or late game (Age 4 and 5). Other tasks currently have higher priority than this feature though (nonetheless Austrians will experience some updates in NE 2.2). I will still link this thread in my private NE documents so I'll look at your ideas when I actively work on this.

Danke! Smile

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
philipp_treichl@outlook.c
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:33 pm    Post subject:

OMG... OMG... Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised SENPAI HAS ANSWERED MY QUESTION!!!

No, seriously - it's a f'n huge honour for me that my little suggestion has been answered by the Big Boss of the Modding Business himself. I'm quite happy you already suggested including Hofer and the Tyrolean scenario somehow in the Game as well as keeping my little idea in the background. I'm so excited for the new patch, and can happily wait until someday when you can use some of my thoughts for paying a little tribute to the fierce mountain fighters of the Tyrol!

As said previously, if you need any help/suggestion/pictures/ideas for making the austrian civ. even more awesome that it is already, please feel free to ask my anything anytime (of course all of the modders therefore are invited)

until then - "Schene Grias aus Tirol" (greetings from the heart from tyrol in Austrian)

keep rockin!
Page 1 of 1