I NEED HEEELP

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baronrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: I NEED HEEELP

Hello, I would like to ask a question about the Napoleonic Era mod. I do not know if another one has happened, but when I'm creating villagers, I start creating several and quickly try to select another unit, not select it but it establishes the meeting point of the TC, it has to spend a few seconds so I can select the unit that I want. This happens to me with all civis

It is as if it were reinserted while I am creating villagers, and to top it off, when I install the mod it also happens to me in the TAD, I have to de-format the mod so that it returns to normality.

It is strange, because the meeting point is established with the right mouse button, and I select the units with the left one, but when I start creating villagers and I want to select another one (with the left button) it puts me in a meeting point, and this is how I get the TAD when I have the mod installed. And deselect the TC or wait a few seconds to select the unit makes you lose time as it happens every time you go to create a villager.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Hey man, sorry for the lack of replys

Now that's really odd Confused
I am a noob in this matters, but it sounds like it's either a mouse issue (a while ago my mouse was dying and when I tried to use it to select, produce or manipulate units, it produced some stupid orders which I had not intended or commanded and it was really a pain in the ass, so yeah I feel your pain), or the mod is not recognizing the orders given due to some data/button-recognition problem. Make sure in the hotkeys menu you have that stuff in order.

If it keeps happening, I would go for a radical "solution" and re-install the mod. I know, not a very good suggestion but that's what I can do Mr. Green

-From the Poem "Aleluia", of Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011 | FC Porto

FC Porto's Official Site: www.FCPorto.pt/en
Baronrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Hello friend, thanks for replying.

I found a solution, although it was a bit strange. the problem is that the mod comes with the default G key so that with it is assigned meeting point from the TC, I tried to remove it but I could not, so I assigned the search for a unit of a civilization that did not use the letter G, and to my surprise he stopped me from creating meeting points and now I can create villagers normally. The problem I have now is that some hotkeys of some military buildings.

I mean, some military buildings do not recognize any hotkey, and that makes my game slower.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Great! Here in Portugal we say "Who has no dog, hunts with cat" Surprised
I'm completely serious, we do say this.... sometimes ahah lol
Necessity is the mother of the invention ma friend ROFL

Quote:
some military buildings do not recognize any hotkey, and that makes my game slower

Well that's a matter for a little suggestion to Tillanus.
Perhaps you can, if you will of course, try to list the military buildings that don't have any hotkey related to, or some anomalies related to this matter, and then post here.

This stuff isn't in the mind of the modders, so yeah feel free to do it if you want Mr. Green

-From the Poem "Aleluia", of Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011 | FC Porto

Baronrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

The Navigator Prince wrote:
Great! Here in Portugal we say "Who has no dog, hunts with cat" Surprised
I'm completely serious, we do say this.... sometimes ahah lol
Necessity is the mother of the invention ma friend ROFL

Quote:
some military buildings do not recognize any hotkey, and that makes my game slower

Well that's a matter for a little suggestion to Tillanus.
Perhaps you can, if you will of course, try to list the military buildings that don't have any hotkey related to, or some anomalies related to this matter, and then post here.

This stuff isn't in the mind of the modders, so yeah feel free to do it if you want Mr. Green

Seem right.

I have made a small list of the military buildings of each civilization that hotkeys do not serve:

Prussia:
Barracks - It's no use
Stable - Not useful
Artillery casting: It does not work

Baghdad: (the units do not say anything, they have no sound)
In any military building of this civilization you can assign hotkeys to your units, they do not appear in the list of hotkeys.

Poland:
The pastisano does not appear in the list of hotkeys.

Italy:
All the military buildings are served by hotkeys.

In Hand Cannion it has no miniature image.

Austria:
All the buildings are served by hotkeys, except for the fort.

Switzerland:
The supply point for villagers is not served by the supply wagon.
And the barracks do not serve hotkeys.

USA:
All the military buildings are served by hotkeys

Sweden:
The Drabant is not on the hotkeys list.
Miniature images to create mines do not exist.

At the moment I have not found any more anomalies, although I reiterate that the most important thing is the theme of the hotkeys, I do not know if this can be published as a separate topic to be more seen.

Greetings.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

First of all, thanks for your work. Mr. Green thumbs up!

Quote:
Baghdad: (the units do not say anything, they have no sound)
In any military building of this civilization you can assign hotkeys to your units, they do not appear in the list of hotkeys.

The development of this civ is really not happening, and whatever exists is kinda improvised and not reviewed.

Quote:
Poland:
The pastisano does not appear in the list of hotkeys.

Doesn't matter, Partyzants are to be removed the next version Crying or Very sad
(if I'm not mistaken, perhaps I'm confused)

Quote:
Switzerland:
The supply point for villagers is not served by the supply wagon.

You mean the "indication with that special banner" of the point where the villager (soon to pop up) is supposed to go to and harvest? It works well for me.

The thing of the "miniature images" not appearing is kinda of a temporary bug; notice that in the next game, it's already showed - in contrast with other images, that can be not shown then (for me it happens like this).

Quote:
I do not know if this can be published as a separate topic to be more seen.

Perhaps it's better, to avoid repetitive posting, to just change the name of this post to something more indicative like "Hotkeys - Anomalies & Suggestions"

Baronrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I'll post a new post, thanks.

PD: And mysteriously I do not use the meeting point of villagers for Switzerland, but maybe it's a problem of my game and not the original mod
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1