Hotkeys - Anomalies & Suggestions

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baronrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Hotkeys - Anomalies & Suggestions

Hello friends, I bring you a series of anomalies that I have seen when playing Napoleonic Era mod, the most relevant problems to my way of seeing are those related to Hotkeys. Here is a list of the anomalies for each civilization that I have seen:

I have made a small list of the military buildings of each civilization that hotkeys do not serve:

Prussia:
Barracks - Hotkeys not work
Stable - Hotkeys not work
Artillery casting: Hotkeys not work

Italy, USA and Austria:
All the military buildings are served by hotkeys, except for the fort.

France:
Barracks - Hotkeys not Work

Switzerland:
The supply point for villagers is not served by the supply wagon.
And the barracks do not serve hotkeys.

Sweden:
The Drabant is not on the hotkeys list.
Miniature images to create mines do not exist.

At the moment I have not found any more anomalies, although I reiterate that the most important thing is the theme of the hotkeys, I do not know if this can be published as a separate topic to be more seen.

Greetings.

PD: I have noticed that when playing in expert against Switzerland it is almost impossible to win, it is a very OP civilization. I do not know if it was done that way or it is also a problem of the game.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Hey friend, allow me to disagree about the Swiss Civ.

In the past I played against them, and I found them to be quite hard to beat, but it always depends on what civ you are playing with in the first place.

To a "Cavalry" Civ it will be a big challenge, but for one with good infantry it's not that hard.

Right before I posted this comment, I played a 2 vs 2 game, me as Portugal, my ally being the HRE, against 2 Swiss colonies. The conditions being: Skirmish, Supremacy, Expert, on a NE Rhine map (the map this time had only one passage through the river - I say this cuz this number really changes the game a lot), with handicap being 50% for me and my ally, and 55% for each of the 2 Swiss.

I won (my 366 soldiers killed almost 700 units - I didn't make any cavalry what-so-ever, apart of the 14 Horse-Grenadiers from the Wurttemberg village I took while besieging the 2nd Swiss Town, near the end of the game, so they saw little action and no Swiss soldiers), with the Swiss not being capable to even reach my Town or the Town of the HRE.

The only real major setback is that even when I'm besieging their town, I can't take out their villagers immediately, cuz they are in stealth, so I can't really touch them.

Now, when you are playing with the Swiss, you can make a formidable army, hard to beat in hand-to-hand (although a user-made Spanish or HRE Infantry-based Army can match it, I imagine), nearly impossible to beat for a Cavalry Army (even to the one I create with Poland-Lithuania [20 Pancernys, 20 Winged Hussars and either 10 Horse Artillery or 7 Horse Artillery and 3 Explorers + Tartars] it would be nearly impossible), hard to beat in general, with your economy also being a strong point. And that can be OP... but not that much.
And it's also fun, as long as you are the one managing it, and not the one trying to defeat it Mr. Green lol

True OPness Spoiler:

OP stuff in this game is just the Swedish Navy, being better than all the other's combined.
That's OP cuz historically, their Navy was not that all-powerful, as was its Army.
Yeah I disagree with this people saying the Swedish land forces are OP.
Man just look to what they did in reality.
They were I.N.V.E.N.C.I.B.L.E!
So keep them that way in-game, finally a match to my Lusitanic Devils Devil

But the Swiss are being re-worked to a support civ, instead of the mobile one we have now.
Nevertheless, they will be still be strong and capable to deliver a hell of a punch, with all their strong points now plus great models and a improved HC Deck.

-From the Poem "Aleluia", of Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011 | FC Porto

FC Porto's Official Site: www.FCPorto.pt/en
Baronrick
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject:

I understand, well, I only played against them using Germany and I usually create a lot of cavalry, but I could win against them with Prussia.

Thanks for the advice, greetings.
The Navigator Prince
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I only played against them using Germany and I usually create a lot of cavalry, but I could win against them with Prussia.

There you have it. With good infantry they can be beaten more or less easily.

For me it's much funnier to play with them instead of against tho
They're like an Elite Tercio: Good Cavalry, Excellent Crossbowmen, even better Hand-Infantry, you don't even need Artillery (against the AI at least) Mr. Green

-From the Poem "Aleluia", of Pedro Homem de Mello; André Villas-Boas speech, 2011 | FC Porto

FC Porto's Official Site: www.FCPorto.pt/en
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1