Not woking things in demo

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BjornThor
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Not woking things in demo

Ok, after i played demo some decent time with all new additional stuff this is what i found not working or missing.

General:
Vanilla units are missing voices, most notably all explorers.
Stables flag sometimes appears to be on half of the spear.
AI is not capable of playing new nations.

Italy:
Missing voices.
Galley has wierd voice that is not italian.
Few cards do not do what they are supposed to, like for example city of genova says it sends 5 pavises(it does) and enables pavises to be trained.(but they are not avalible in any building), florence that says it lowers the cost for money lending upgrades, but it does not, similar is church improvement that says it sends 12 halberdiers, but sends 24 instead.
Some native upgrades like cherokee that sends you 4 settlers, indeed sends you 4 settlers, not merchants.
Unit descriptions are disaster, for instance, uliti has description of having strong melee attack, and being arhaic, while until i trained few i noticed thay have gun of sorts.
More hp to trade posts upgrade gives more hit points pool but no more hit points, so after upgrade you need to repair all posts.

Prussia:
Again, missing voices.
University lacks rally flag button.
One of the flags in HC is floating in the air.
Sharpshooter is lacking crackshot button.

Sweden:
Torp building is mistery, it does not specfy do that bonus to units apply only to area around it or over whole map.
Explorer names are wierd and not in style.
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Some native upgrades like cherokee that sends you 4 settlers, indeed sends you 4 settlers, not merchants.

This happens also to the french, indians and asians, it sends settlers, not their unique villager, so it's a bug from the game, not from the mod.

Quote:
More hp to trade posts upgrade gives more hit points pool but no more hit points, so after upgrade you need to repair all posts.

Also a bug from the game, this happens also without the mod
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject:

What means 'woking'? Devil Are we talking about asian food? Topmodel - sorry guys, keep on posting. ^^

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Fig Newton
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject:

I think it's safe to say that I've beat you to many of those bugs, Bjorn.

Sweden: It's not visible aura; look at your units' stats. Its not really aura anyway; it's more like an upgrade to all your units (dependent on torp #, though).

Bjorn is right about crackshot attack... why DO sharpshooters have crackshot in their stats, but no button?

P.S. Yes... "Explorer names are wierd and not in style." They're soooo last month... Razz
Walker
NE Veteran
NE Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Torp building is mistery, it does not specfy do that bonus to units apply only to area around it or over whole map.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the descriptions says "All units gain a small bonus to their hit points and damage for each Torp you have." - correct? Well, it says that your units will get stronger for each Torp you have. It doesn't say that Torps make nearby units stronger, or even that Torps are granted an aura. Just so you know, they actually get an Aura that affects pretty much the whole map. We just didn't make it display graphically as an aura because, well, it'd be kind of pointless to have ALL your units with an aura symbol under them, especially one aura that gives such a small boost.

Not saying that we wouldn't change it to make it easier to understand, just saying that it seems pretty obvious to me already. Mr. Green

Quote:
Sharpshooter is lacking crackshot button.

We've had plenty of problems with Sharpshooters - every new internal version would buggy them somehow. Though be happy to know that they're fixed already and we'll try to not screw them for the next versions ^^

The pavise thing is just a typo in the techtree file, but it's fixed already.

For the rest of your bugs, they're pretty much only minor graphical and description issues, which aren't a big priority. They're probably the last thing to be "fixed", because if we ever decide to change an unit or a tech in one way or another we have to change the string again... Though thanks for reporting, we'll keep them all in mind when doing the final adjustments Wink

ESO - Walker
Fig Newton
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Walker, and the entire NE team for making such an excellent mod. I have to ask... what motivates you guys to make this mod? Is it for experience, or just for fun?
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject:

If it is for the same as me, it is for the fun of coding and seeing your work working
Page 1 of 1