Napoleonic Era Problems?

Forum Index -> Technical Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLittleBastard
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:59 pm    Post subject: Napoleonic Era Problems?

I have Age of Empires 3 at 1.09 though I get this problem:

http://aycu03.webshots.com/image/48242/2002185888881117428_rs.jpg

The maps still load regardless though I'm perplex of why this is occurring? I have uninstalled Age of Empires 3 folders on my PC before actually going to the Programs and uninstalling it manually from there. Same went for WC and I have no other mods before I reinstalled both games as well. Also, I cannot get any of the other NE civilizations, only the French, I believe, and you could see the NE era changes involved within that civ compared to others. No Italians, No Americans, No Nothing, what is going on? Creators of the NE team, care to help me out with this?

Is it also possible editing the population limit within the mod as well?What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
This is my NE folder as well:

http://aycu32.webshots.com/image/51071/2004370078505132784_rs.jpg
alvaro_qc
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Do this:
1. Uninstall ALL the game (Including x packs)
2. Delete the folder in program files, not the one in My Documents
3. Reinstall the game
4. Install patch 1.9
5. Download and play NE[/list]
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject:

I am still getting the same problems. Same message uploading loading maps during a skirmish in NE.

And this is the only NE Civilizations that I can access during the menu screen. Oddly enough, the only NE civilization I can see a difference in terms of actual units is the French.

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/49585/2001094375504379916_rs.jpg
Fig Newton
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject:

All of the updated civs have some new units on NE (for the original AoE 3).
Also, you might try not making your own civs- just play with the ones that are already made. One of my created civs (I believe it was Austria) was deleted after I quit out of the game.
I suggest saving all of your original civs (my documents>my games>age of empires>save game) somewhere else, uninstall the game and delete all of the existing files (but not the "save game" files) that are still in my "documents>my games>age of empires III" and in "main disk>program files>microsoft games>age of empires". Then, reinstall AoE 3 and drop your civs back into the save game folder.
After that, you can try to download NE again.. or not. I've never had trouble with NE. Then again, I've never uninstalled NE for fear of losing key files from the original game. So good luck! Mr. Green
-Alvaro, I basically repeated what you just said Razz
-Bastard, maybe your computer is just crazy Topmodel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Technical Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1