Wanna help?
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Forum Index -> Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Wanna help?

Team Constellation
The Team consists on the one hand of beginners and on the other hand of people with experience in modding. The underlying idea of the team set is to teach beginners one or more aspects of modding with the final aim to integrate them effectively into the project.

The project itself is English (even if most members are german). We are working in a hidden forum on this board. Xastor, Project Leader of Napoleonic Era, supports us with a forum and in modding.

Realization of 'The Ancient Age'
To realize a huge project like The Ancient Age an active team is absolutely needed. Even if there is already a new active team, we'd like to extent the amount of workers to speed up the process of production. Therefore we are looking for new ambitious members, who want to learn fast and work practically.

We appreciate every new interested request, even if we have to refuse some people, they tried it and had the good intention to help us.
The more people work for our project, the faster will we finish it, simpliest logic, isn't it? So take your chance and prevent stagnation or a long periods of waiting. We support everyone who Ľreallyę wants to help us and is not just taking a look for two weeks. Thanks. Wink

Offers

Arrow Texturer (no limit) - You should be experienced in using graphics programs such as Photoshop or GIMP. Special tutorials for AoE3 Texturing will be available for you. Designing the new units and buildings is a job that requires passion, ambition and some patience. You'll be supported with everything you'll need for doing your job very well (drafts, information etc.).

Arrow Coder (max.2) - Sounds pretty hard, but isn't actually if you have basic modding knowledge, the grade of difficulty is comparable to HTML. You'll work with animations, abilities and attachments of objects and manage your own catalogue so that you can organise and suggest the best possibilities to make our objects looking unique and realistic. Coding might be a pretty good job to test basic modding skills.
You'll also put objects in the final structure after the other workers did the details (e.g. stringtable.xml and proto.xml)

Arrow Concept/Graphics Artist (no limit) - You can draw and/or are experienced in using graphic programs? Are artistically talented and want to show and prove your abilities? Share them with us! You'll have to do some very interesting works, which will be seen by everyone. Having a lot of free room for creativity you can do a lot of different things, from simple icons and unit portraits to loadingscreens, special creative backgrounds and User Interface Design.

Arrow Co-Balancer (max.2) - Your job sounds quite easy, but requires good working knowledge about unit classes and the counter system. You'll have to help designing a completely new counter system. Our balancer already started with it, so you'll assist him.

Terms Of Admission
• Will to improve your abilities/will to work alone and with the Team
• Appropriate expenditure of time for this project
• Communicative availability (do not ignore PMs, MSN messages or emails)
• some background knowledge
• MSN

Contact
• right here Smile
Mail to: tilanuscommodor (at) gmx (dot) de
WG_Typhus
TAA Veteran
TAA Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject:

Hi there! I'd be interested to join the team, as this project really seem worth the time and effort.

My name is RaphaŽl, I come from Strasbourg, France. I'm a 26 years old freelance graphic designer, currently without much job, which gives me lot of free time. I'm looking for interesting projects as this one to continue creation works.

Concerning my playing experience, I enjoy age3 since its release, although i've got tired of poor ES patching process several times. I was colonel some months ago before the decay did his awefull job.

My english skills are somewhat basics, at least if grades means something, although I have absolutely no problems discussing and arguing about video games, as I lurked around for years in english gaming forums. I'm pretty sure it will be far enough for this job ( I also know some german, but clearly you don't wanna read anything from me in this language Rolling Eyes )

Finally, and I don't know how it will fit in the project management, but I'm not interested in a specific job offer... Clearly, my pro experience would allow me to be a texturer or a graphic artist, although I'm very fond of both ancient history (got several books on the subject and can do forward research on my local library if necessary) and game design. I'd be really disapointed if I had to work on just one specific thing, I would probably get bored after a week or two. Wink

I'm looking forward a positive answer Mr. Green
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Hey RaphaŽl, here you get your positive answer. Wink For my understanding of a good team member, you seem to be perfectly suitable. Mentally congenial. Wink

As already mentioned in the offer post, there are a couple of different things you can do as graphic designer. I promise, there will be enough variation for people with higher pretensions.

I don't know if you textured units before, but it's the best work if you have ambitions and are looking for a challenge, since it's not only a graphical task. Even if it's coming with some difficulties in the beginning, I try to support everyone who's interested in becoming a good texturer since we have an obvious lack of texturers. Wink

So I'll give you a try, you are welcome. Nevertheless I'd like to talk to you before via MSN, just add me. I'll introduce you into our work. =)

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
F4u5t
TAA Veteran
TAA Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:01 am    Post subject: Co-Balancer

hello there, i would like to assist as an co balancer if u need. i have been playing several rts for years now, age 3 online for about 2 years, so i am not unexperienced. i am very interested in this topic and age and know much about so i can give some input to unit changes and suggestions. so would be glad to help you and us. cya =)
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Added you to msn some days ago, haven't seen you online though. - Geh online du Sack Mr. Green Wink

stuffedXcucambor
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: drawer

i dont have expreience in anything special, but i can draw pretty good and i would like to take part in this Smile
i realy like aoe3 lol!
my name is baruch and im from israel, jerusalem.
so just tell me what i need to draw and i'l try to do my best!
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Hey Mr. Green could you send/show me some of your work, so that I can get an impression? Are you familiar with Photoshop or GIMP (or any other graphic programm) which you could use for colouring drawings? - Whatsoever, I'd really like to see something of you. Smile

stuffedXcucambor
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: me :)

il send it to your email
and no i dont know how to do graphics and all that stuff :/
and for colouring- i use pencils Smile lol pretty simple
so...? i'l get to lvl 125, of course!
Killzerslaul
The Ancient Age
The Ancient Age

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Well... if you're still taking recruits -

I'm not that bad drawing concept art

I'm an AOE veteran, so I could help with balancing.

I'm ok at 2D graphics, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to migrate to texturing.

I know quite a bit about ancient history, especially the Greeks and Roman's military.

Uh... ok, that's it now, I think.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Hey Killzerslaul,
we always appreciate if there is somebody who wants to help. Cool However, in the past we've made a lot of bad experiences with these people and you might know that we are a small team with 2-3 members. So I need to ask you some questions and I want you to think about and answer them. We simply want to avoid a waste of energy. Wink

You've understood every sentence of our offer and agreed to it, you know what we expect?

You are really reliable and will take this project serious as school or job (not that hard, but you should've understood what I meant)?

You have some material that you can show me for getting an impression?

Killzerslaul
The Ancient Age
The Ancient Age

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject:

I understand all of your offer and accept it, yes.

I'm always reliable and dedicated, and some people would say I take thing too seriously.

Material I can show you...

This shows what I think are some realistic modifiers, and a bit of background on the units - they aren't really ideas for use in the game (though if you like them you can).

Village Conscript:

Available to: Hellenes, Romans, and Celts
Equipment: No armour, just basic clothes, and a spear.
Upgrades: Town Levy - gets light armour (no helmet)
HP: 200 (levy upgrade increases to 225)
Resists: 0.20
Speed: 4
Hand Attack: 12 (levy upgrade increases to 14)
Bonuses: *2 Cavalry - *0.5 Ranged

The conscripts were troops forced into the army. They were often slaves, prisoners or criminals, so had low morale and weren't usually very skilled or well equipped.

The levy were the citizens of a town or village who had sworn to bear arms in times of need. They had better morale and equipment than the conscripts, as they were free citizens and could pay for their own weapons.

I'm going to do some art for a Spartan or something like that later, and I'll make him a modifier's list too if you want.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:09 pm    Post subject:

We already have something like that. These units are called Archaic units and are available in the first ages.

Just send me any image (or more) that shows any kind of graphical or artistical skill and I think we'll give it a try and invite you as Test Worker until we see that you're taking enough effort into our project. Wink

Killzerslaul
The Ancient Age
The Ancient Age

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
We already have something like that. These units are called Archaic units and are available in the first ages.

Just send me any image (or more) that shows any kind of graphical or artistical skill and I think we'll give it a try and invite you as Test Worker until we see that you're taking enough effort into our project. Wink

Um... what's a Test Worker?

Ok, sure, I'll do a spartan or something...
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:50 pm    Post subject:

Uhm, sorry for my offhand translation. Wink A test worker is a mix of trainee, test person, guest worker. A time of probation.

Killzerslaul
The Ancient Age
The Ancient Age

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Tilanus Commodor wrote:
Uhm, sorry for my offhand translation. Wink A test worker is a mix of trainee, test person, guest worker. A time of probation.

Ok, that makes sense. I'm mostly a concept artist, so I'll have a go at concepting..

Oh yeah - when do you want my MSN, and how shall I give it to you?
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I don't care. Everything should do it. Your choice. Wink

btw can you work with PS?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age All times are GMT
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7