None, I didn't liked the project
15%
 15%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

Wayra Condor
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Inca or Peruvian civ

I sugested on my first post to make a peruvian civ instead of an inca civ, beacuse I saw no progress on the inca civ, but I could convince you to make any one, so I'll give it another try to convince you:

***Inca civ***

History: The spain conquerors came to america in order to find new sources of gold, those belonged to 3 principal cultures: aztec, mayas and incas. When Francisco Pizarro came to the actual Peru, he found himself on a very good position, the 2 heirs of Huayna Capac, Atahualpa and Huascar were in a war to become the new inca, Huayna Capac died from chickenpox, and Huascar with half empire died by the hand of Atahualpa, so now with many resourses to combat the invasors, before the complet empire fall.

Well, this is what happened during the conquer, and there is why a powerful empire falled to the hands of some few.

Leader: Atahualpa
Home City: Cuzco
Bonus: +15% of building HP, and the ability of find native and trading post
Royal guards: Sinchi (heavy infantery) and Huarminca (effective aginst cavalry)
Units: Bolas warrior (bola thrower) mitimae (good against infantery) runa (pikeman) guamani (similar to a caribe)
Research: Qapac Ņam (Inca road to improve speed), Chasquis (infantery speed) Tawa-Chacana (+building resistance)
Fortress: a huge castle that replaces de factory, that produces resources and sinchis instead of artillery
Building:
.-Houses
.-Andens (a farm with 20 grathers tha produces food and coin)
.-Market
.-Dock
.-Trading post
.-Walls
.-Dancing pit
.-Barracks
.-Pucara (mini fortress)

I haven't thought any card, but at least I got those ideas of an Inca civ.

***Peruvian civ***

History: The incan decendant where treat as slaves, to work for Spain, only the direct Inca heir will keep as a councilor of these people, and some noble incas too, one of them was Jose Gabriel Condorqanqui, who change is name to Tupac Amaru II (for his ancestor Tupac Amaru), he organized a revolt by encouraging the spirit of the opresed people remembering to them that the Peru was for the incas, and not for the spainards.

This is the story of the second atempt of revold in Peru, anctually the most importand until the arrival of San Martin, I guess that if Tupac won't have been caught, the Peru may had been a better country...

Leader: Tupac Amaru II
Home City: Cuzco or Lima, depends on you.
Bonus: +10% resistance on infantery, and the ability of find native and trading post
Royal Guards: Sinchi (again, taking in count that Tupac was inca) Amauta (really heavy infantery)
Units: Hatun Runa (cheap skirmisher good against infantery but weak against the rest of units)
Cavalry: Junin Husar (cheap husar, with a bit more attack but less HP) Montonero (cheap dragoon, with pretty low HP)
Artillery: Terrorist (a one man powerful petart) Callao Cannon (good agindt boats)

Then almost the same, except on the drawings.
If you think with what will be replaced the incas on the natives, I can put Chankas, that were mighty too

If you liked my ideas, I'll put the units on the post, at least give it a try. Mr. Green
Wayra Condor
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject:

It has passed lots of days and I only got 1 vote, shall I start making inca units, or you still want to review my proyect?

If you have no clear your vote I can make units for both civs and them you compare Smile
BazzBrother
Chevauxleger
Chevauxleger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject:

The NE team tends to be busy...heck there was a time where een they worries about a missing member lol , next thing we know some guys turn gay, a sausage fest ensues, and I become a sex-offender.

DOn't worry, they will come aorund to give you a response...eventually Cool

http://www.zombo.com/
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Bazz, shut up. ^^

Most probably there'll be inca. Remember that Napoleonic Era is a mod that has its focus on Europe and not on South America. If you're looking for a mod like that, check out the War Of The Triple Alliance mod.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
GeneralN20
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Leader: Tupac Amaru II

A better leader would be Ramon Castilla. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Home City: Cuzco or Lima, depends on you.

HC for Peru would have to be Lima.

Quote:
Royal Guards: Sinchi (again, taking in count that Tupac was inca) Amauta (really heavy infantery)

1. What's the point of having a Royal Guard unit by the name of "Sinchi?"

2. Amauta means "person of great wisdom" in Quechua. How can that be a heavy infantry unit?

I know you're trying to be creative. But if there was to be a Peruvian civilization, why should its units be with Quechua names? Confused

Quote:
Units: Hatun Runa (cheap skirmisher good against infantery but weak against the rest of units)

Peruvian units do not need units with names in Quechua. That would work better for an Inca civilization.

Quote:
Cavalry: Junin Husar (cheap husar, with a bit more attack but less HP) Montonero (cheap dragoon, with pretty low HP)

The "Hussar of Junin" would be a good unique unit.

How can "montonero" be a dragoon? Montoneros were rebels within Peru, not rebels that fought against the Spanish. They were definately not dragoons. Surprised

Quote:
Artillery: Terrorist (a one man powerful petart) Callao Cannon (good agindt boats)

1. Why a terrorist? Seriously... no!

2. I'm sure a better name could be picked. Moreover, why would Peru ever get a Unique Artillery unit?

Quote:
If you think with what will be replaced the incas on the natives, I can put Chankas, that were mighty too

I always thought the Incas could be replaced by the Chimor. The Chankas would do nice also, though. Smile
Page 1 of 1