Twitter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 145

SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: NE Promotion

This is the thread to discuss ways to make NE more widely known, to benefit all.

Promotional Tasks

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Napoleonic Era Profiles
NE has created several profiles on the internet to present and promote themselves. The following list shows on which sites NE is or has been present in some way:

Sites about NE
These sites mention, present or offer any version of NE. You can help expanding this list by looking for these sites. If you use google, type into the search field: Napoleonic Era +AoE3 +Empires -site:aoe3.de -site:ne.elpea.net -site:moddb.com -site:age-community.net -site:heavengames.com -youtube.com - This will ignore the common age sites, but stress the terms "AoE3" and "Empires" in the search query.

to be continued...

Ideas
  • Banners in signatures on other forums
    Do it if you want to. No common banner as of now.

• Forum party
    ?

RECENT EVENTS (newest at top)

• More stuff
  • Wikipedia article in danger, it needs third party sources!
  • SAOL became better at the BBCode, so that this list looks a bit more neet now ^^
  • New links added to the Wikipedia articlce
  • BIG_NOOB has uploaded another two video clips.
  • BIG_NOOB has posted a fan video on youtube
  • Wiki articles updated.
  • New version of NE released Smile
  • NE goes social media. Check under "links" for links.
  • I'll update this post, remove old irrelevant stuff and restructure it as soon as I have got time.
  • Tilanus that old dictator rushed the post and established a completely inacceptable post structure! Down with the regime!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can find the discussion that lead to the creation of this thread in "NE= Dead"

I have set up a common photobucket account that we can use for easier sharing of pictures and such concerning this. Send me a PM, and I'll give you the password and username!

This thread also has a google account. The e-mail adress is napoleonicpromotion@gmail.com. The same password applies.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject:

We ought to approve these ideas again. This thread will hopefully mean some more Feedback.

The Ottomangrel
Swiss Guard
Swiss Guard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject:

lol lol lol lol Mr. Green GET THE WORD OUT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROMOTE THIS GUY!!!!!

(Excuse my random outburst of energy)

My fist will cash them!
BazzBrother
Chevauxleger
Chevauxleger

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:24 pm    Post subject:

The darkside is strong with this one Devil

If you give me something to work with, I can promote Cool I am part of many gaming communities.

http://www.zombo.com/
Mr_Jr
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject:

It looks like we have a good amount of enthusiasim to begin with, now we just need to organize things together and know what everyone is doing. As for the photobucket account that sound like a good idea of course, so everyone that is working promotions can promote what they need to, and we can all access what we need if needed. I hope my picture works for wikipedia, and we are able to work with everyone. So I say, lets help Napoleonic Era!

Quote:
lol lol lol lol Mr. Green GET THE WORD OUT ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROMOTE THIS GUY!!!!!

(Excuse my random outburst of energy)

Thats ok, we may need all the energy we can get.

Quote:
The darkside is strong with this one Devil

If you give me something to work with, I can promote Cool I am part of many gaming communities.

Ok this is good, what would you say you may be the best at working at? Though, would you just like to take anything then? Whatever you can contribute is good of course.
GeneralN20
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:42 am    Post subject:

I'm still available to make the Wikipedia article. Smile

Come up with a title that you'd like to me to use, provide me with some screenshots, and I'll start off from that. I'll post the link once I make the article.

I have some personal business to take care of at this particular point. So I might not be able to make the article until Thursday or Wednesday. But I will make it, if you want me to. Mr. Green
Mr_Jr
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:57 am    Post subject:

GeneralN20 wrote:
I'm still available to make the Wikipedia article. Smile

Come up with a title that you'd like to me to use, provide me with some screenshots, and I'll start off from that. I'll post the link once I make the article.

I have some personal business to take care of at this particular point. So I might not be able to make the article until Thursday or Wednesday. But I will make it, if you want me to. Mr. Green

This is great, I think you should make the wikipedia article due to your past experience, and other things I seen from you. This means we can update the wikipedia article section at the top and record this progress. For titles I was thinking we probably have as "The Napoleonic Era", as we see at the top, and probably when people try to type it in search, it would come with the list that goes " The Napoelonic Era can refer to":, with you know the time period and the mod. So like I said probably you can title it like that "Napoleonic Era", Napoleonic Era mod" , "The Napoleonic Era Mod", or whatever suits it, like the first title suggestion. Forr pictures, like I said we can pull some off the mod database page for the mod, which is where the pictures on the main page come from, and I prepared a type of cover picture for the topic as well as you see at the top. Anyhow take your time and work when you can then, we all have our peronsal business I am sure, and we can wait. This wikipedia article I believe though, would really put us ahead and would be a nice achievement for our promotions. I really would love to see a wikipedia page, and I know you can make a good one, so I wish you good luck in getting us started on wikipedia! That is why you are in charge for making the wikipedia article, because I believe you are one that is right for that job at hand.

SAOL will probably update accordingly now to track this, thank you both.
masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject:

If i am able to help somehow give me some work
GeneralN20
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject:

This is a basic structure of the Wikipage:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Empires_III:_The_Napoleonic_Era

I didn't create the article, apparently it was already done some hours before. Whoever made it before me did a, well, let's say it was an "O.K." job. I've tried to make it sound more reliable and factual.

I probably won't be able to update it much. I wanted to make it so that the lot of you would have something to do in there. What you really need to find, though, in order for the article to not be deleted:

1. Sources that can validate information. Use a variety of sources, don't just cite this website. To cite a website, simply add: <ref> website url</ref>

2. More information.

3. Expand the parts I've left "empty." You'll see what they are.

4. Upload your own pictures. If you have the game, take screenshots and upload the pictures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Upload

5. Get an official "The Napoleonic Era" picture for the pager. Note how, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome:_Total_Realism , has their own "Official" picture at the top.

Eventually, you'll see that people from Wikipedia will begin to "attack" the article and will attempt to delete it (They like doing that for some reason). By this point I should be back, and I'll do all the "diplomacy" involved in this (I think I can handle these people; I've won all of my past 5 Wiki-arguments, so hopefully this one will work out too).

Please, please, please include as many sources as you can. Things to look for are other website recognizing the Napoleonic Era as an important mod., or something of that sort. Any mention, as little as it might seem, can really help. Smile
BazzBrother
Chevauxleger
Chevauxleger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject:

haha, 'It is currently the most thorough and anticipated mod of Age of Empires III ever made', what a load of crap lol lol , biased. Neutrality is key I think

http://www.zombo.com/
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:36 am    Post subject:

Good morning everyone! (It's in the middle of the night for many of you Devil ) I have updated the board. I will send everyone that have shown interest our photobucket account information. I forgot to mention earlier that I also created a common mail adress for us: napoleonicpromotion@gmail.com, which I gave to photobucket.

Scince the moderators are so slow (they almost seem to deny the existance of this important event), I suggest that we set up a You Tube account and channel for them; we already have a google account that we can use to log in with Wink . Since it is a collective ownership, they can go in at a later point to make it official, and add every touch to it they want. Before we post anything on You Toube, though, I suggest that we post our produced material on photobucket, so that we can see to that only high quality things slip out to the wider public.

Does that sound like a good idea? If I get some yes'es from you, and the administrators doesn't post any no-no's, I will do it.

P.S: I will have Tilanus crush anyone who uses our account for something it isn't ment to. We have to look after it togeather.
D.S.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject:

All right. I have made a sample of how a 60 second advertisment on youtube could look like. I thought that I should do it with voices, but I couldn't find my microphone. It ended up OK to only be an example, but one sequens became too short. You can find it on our ( Mr. Green ) photobucket account in the "NE clips" album. Tell us what you think. Wink

And JR, Iv'e really come to like your box art suggestion, I like the fact that it is clean.

masskiller wrote:
If i am able to help somehow give me some work
This isn't about being given work. This is about doing it. Pick from the list at the board. Smile But it is a good thing if you tell us others what you do. We are all in the same boat, and it would be unfortunate if we did the same thing twice. A saying goes: Ju fler kockar, desto sämre soppa, but this time, I think that this project might benefit from good cooperation Mr. Green

masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject:

Last night i got an idea about a possible video, at the begining we say something about AOE, then about TWC, and then TAD, but we say that ES forgot about all europe and the history that went in there and all the civs in NE and finally we tell the people where to find the mod, obviously it doesn´t have to be boring so for each time we speak about each game, we put a video or screenshots of the featuring game, but with alot of info about NE, screenshots and the new civs, and we tell the people who will be watching it to join the fourm and give us ideas, this is like a base idea for making some publicity, i don´t know a thing about video making and i have no programs for doing a video but it´s just an idea
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I used windows movie maker for mine. It isn't the best of programs, but it has the fundamental things. I got it for free with my windows, didn't you?

Perhaps the best thing to do is to produce some "sample videos". We can then togeather choose the ones that we think are best, and neat them up. I can help with producing these samples. It would of course then be greatly benefitial if we had some more picture material to work with. We can all easily take screenshots and so on when we play, and then put them on Photobucket for easy access.

Perhaps you could make a basic script of what we should say? It isn't gonna do itself... If you are doing that, tell us, and I will post it on the board, so that someone else doesn't get the idea to do the same thing at the same time.

You forgot to state what you think about the youtube account and, if you wathced it, the basic idea of my video clip. Please do!

I am still facinated by that none "official" person has written anything in here yet, because I know that they have visited, and read the thread. Hähum... *cough*

Anyone who wants the login information for Photobucket need to know that the information needed can be found amongst the posters in this thread. Send a PM. I will try to answer it as quickly as possible (I can only speak for myself), but you must keep the time difference in mind. Depending on how urgent your need is, you can ask different members. I probably check in here more often than anyone else, though. At the appropriete time span in Sweden Wink

Remember to read all unread posts in this thread, they might contain something important.

Mr_Jr
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject:

All this is all really good, we just made alot of progress I think, I like the way things are turning out, things are getting exciting. For the video I am glad we have the first video concepts, and I think it works and look good for a spolier video, I liked how you set it up and I think we can do some videos using the manner that was in your video perhaps. Also I see it is good we are discussing video plans as well, I even have a plan for the first of a civilization showcase video, it is a script I will post at the bottom of the page tell me what you think. For the wikipedia article I really felt curious to see how it would turn out first, and so far it looks good I can't wait to develop it more, but of course lets take our time I suppose and not rush things to quickly. Anyway I hope alot of the pictures and things we are doing gains approval and acknowledgment to, especially my wikipedia picture I made. Our jounery has begun with a simple, single step and we have already have made great progress. We will make Napoleonic Era known! I really feel good about this it looks nice so far.

Anyhow here is one script I composed for a video, it is a showcase of gameplay for the Americans, it is done by someone in the game, and with video editing of course, and some pictures, and music as well.

Title: Americans Showcase 1

(Greyish Napoleonic Era(like one at top of page) background with Americans

icon in front is present on screen while a short portion of Yankee Doodle(or some other theme

plays)

(Video Showcase Starts)

Narrator: Hello and welcome to the Napoleonic Era video showcase, today we

will be talking about the Americans.

N: The Americans are a new civilization in this mod and one of the most

unique civilizations in the game

N: They have unique building architecture, a variant of the European

politician selection system, with historic type politicians like Lincoln, and

a wide variety of units

N: They come into this time following their growth as a new nation, to such

influences of the War of 1812 up to the American Civil War, with units

reflecting this.

N: One of these units is the marine, one special unique unit for them, let

see it in action.

N: These units are the musketeer type unit for the Americans, they are a

cheap, basic, all around unit. They can be trained from your barrack and dock

N: We also have the mounted rifleman, they come from the American unique

building, the ranch, it serves as your stable and livestock pen.

N: Lets train some now

N: Now lets put them in battle

N: (Finds a batle to put them in, somewhere in game)

N: The marines have a special ability they can use in battle that boosts

their combar ability(activates it) for a short time.

N: Here come my mounted riflemen for support now, although they are ranged

cavalry though, they act more like skirmishers, lets see what they do.

(Battle continues with showcase of the units)

(Battle ends)

N: Well there you have it the United States as a fully made and new

civilization, only on The Napoleonic Era.

(Screen come up with site picture with asking to visit the site(kind of like

at the end of SAOL's video perhaps))'

(Short portion of Napoleonic Era type music plays, or music at beginning of

video again)

So what does anyone think for this civilization showcase, I was thinking there could be multiple showcases perhaps for one civilization if needed. Also I though we could use a consistant opening screen for each nation having the unique civilization picuture from the nations page and a unique tune to it. Also I though of including in the end what SAOL included in the sample video. What do we think then?
masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject:

That is a very good idea, but before making the showcase videos for each civ it´s better to make an introduction video to promote NE with a publicity type video, somehow like a preview for a new game and make two different of this kind of videos for making people know what the hell NE is, then the showcase videos for making people know about the game, once they know it exists
Go to page 1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 1 of 38