Twitter
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 145

Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Sure, cross referencing is easy to uncover but hey it could fool them in aweak moment Mr. Green

I think the magazine was Gamestar.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Yes or PC Games.

One person commenting the deletion of the wiki article has been recommending this guideline: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Video_games/Sources

He also mentioned these sites to be reliable secondary sources:
IGN, GameSpot, GameSpy, GameInformer, NextGen, 1UP, GameDaily, GamesRadar and Eurogame

So, we might try to get some attention there? Even though this would be an initialized action by us they'd still have to decide, I guess that this should work well. What do you think?

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I think we'll just have to rely of the quality of NE classic. last time we've got quite a lot of "this doesn#t work, **** ***!" something we should avoid this time. I think weshould wait with promoting until wegot a stable version.
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Ca Putt wrote:
I think we'll just have to rely of the quality of NE classic. last time we've got quite a lot of "this doesn#t work, **** ***!" something we should avoid this time. I think weshould wait with promoting until wegot a stable version.
Through that channel, at least.

Quote:
Sure, cross referencing is easy to uncover but hey it could fool them in aweak moment
It might fool all the people that didn't delete the article, but it would hardly fool the kind of proper wikipedian who marked it for deletion this time. Also, acting so obviously deviously is not something positive from a credibility point of view.

Quote:
So, we might try to get some attention there? Even though this would be an initialized action by us they'd still have to decide, I guess that this should work well. What do you think?
Certainly. The important thing is that it isn't a type of press release, such as the HG source was.

The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
IGN, GameSpot, GameSpy, GameInformer, NextGen, 1UP, GameDaily, GamesRadar and Eurogame

Start with GameSpot, GameSpy, and Eurogamer first, they're the most likley to listen.

-Julius Caesar

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 pm    Post subject:

I guess.
Augustus Black
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Hi All,
How about promote them in verious Gameing Magazins or Websites
Just wanted to give some ideas...
Greetings
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Know any publishers?

roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, what kind of premotion, like to intern or something?

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Gunther
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject:

roy1012 wrote:
Hmm, what kind of premotion, like to intern or something?

If you read AT ALL before you posted, even the ORIGINAL POST, you would know that they are talking about PROMOTING THE GAME.

As in, showing it on YouTube, getting it sponsored by gaming websites, etc. Could you kindly take a second to think before carelessly posting? PLEASE? Your quick posts with nearly no depth make it seem like you just want to attain as many posts as you can in your profile (to gain a higher forum rating?). You didn't even spell promotion correctly!

Spoiler:

Sorry for the outburst, but this type of stuff really annoys me. I prefer quality over quantity. And not even reading before posting... Why would you not read!? It's called a reply for a reason, and senselessly posting is NOT a reply in my book (it should at least deal with the topic stated)!

On the topic of promotion (instead of scolding):

I'm glad to see the YouTube channel is still up. But if I may inquire: what's the strategy? Honestly, I'd rather see an irregular upload pattern with higher quality, BUT it seems many YouTubers don't care nowadays. A regular upload of new features or gameplay might work well because it seems more viewers care more about their daily videos as to what's in that video. Even a version of the weekly post Tilanus does, except in video format showing slight tweaks and narrating upcoming plans and such, has a possibility to work. Though this would be quite time-consuming.

"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." -Napoléon Bonaparte
"Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity." -Thor Heyerdahl
"A house divided against itself cannot stand." -Jesus and Abraham Lincoln
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Gunther wrote:

As in, showing it on YouTube, getting it sponsored by gaming websites, etc. Could you kindly take a second to think before carelessly posting? PLEASE? Your quick posts with nearly no depth make it seem like you just want to attain as many posts as you can in your profile (to gain a higher forum rating?). You didn't even spell promotion correctly!

Spoiler:

Sorry for the outburst, but this type of stuff really annoys me. I prefer quality over quantity. And not even reading before posting... Why would you not read!? It's called a reply for a reason, and senselessly posting is NOT a reply in my book (it should at least deal with the topic stated)!

On the topic of promotion (instead of scolding):

I'm glad to see the YouTube channel is still up. But if I may inquire: what's the strategy? Honestly, I'd rather see an irregular upload pattern with higher quality, BUT it seems many YouTubers don't care nowadays. A regular upload of new features or gameplay might work well because it seems more viewers care more about their daily videos as to what's in that video. Even a version of the weekly post Tilanus does, except in video format showing slight tweaks and narrating upcoming plans and such, has a possibility to work. Though this would be quite time-consuming.

The youtube account is only "semi-official" and I never used it so far. I may do a promo video for the next or the last release though, in which I will do exactly what you said, present the features and transport the message and atmosphere. For now, however, videos aren't even close to my focus, cause they are - as you already figured out - way too time-consuming. I haven't even updated the content of our pages yet, the best kind of promo I can do myself right now are posting screens and modding reports.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
The Dude
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject:

The Youtube channel was an effort of mine to have a video on how to install NE, I don't really follow it anymore, and will gladly transfer the Channel, or link it to a new channel if anyone so desires. Wink

-Julius Caesar

Uluebalang
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject:

should i ask permission first to promoted AoE3 : NE in the Indonesian website/another web? Neutral
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject:

You can basically tell everyone about NE. Just if you wish to get some special kind of promotion support by me, you may register your plan here. Wink
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject:

The Dude wrote:
The Youtube channel was an effort of mine to have a video on how to install NE, I don't really follow it anymore, and will gladly transfer the Channel, or link it to a new channel if anyone so desires. Wink
You can send me the details if you want to. I'm not much of a video-maker, but I can at least keep things tidy, compile playlists and answer the moronic YouTuber's questions, which I already have been doing on - I believe - both the videos you made and the videos of other people. Seeing that I in some way have constituted at least some string to the spider's web that is this thread I don't think it would be that much of a disgrace if I sat on that information as well.

A second option would be that I make a new one, tied to the google account which I made when I started this thread (that I believe you for some reason didn't use when you created that account) to which we could transfer those videos (if they still are up to date, which I somehow doubt).

A third option would be to make a YouTube account that somehow is tied to the G+ account Tilanus made. I don't know how that works, though.

The bottom line may be that there is no point in doing much unless we have some up-to-date content.

skhsri
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject:

With regards to installation directions, i can use a screen recorder to make a video on how to install the mod safely manually and with the installer with your permission i would like to proceed.

Also, i can record treaty games vs computers and vs my friends who still play it if it helps...
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38