New Civilizations
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Forum Index -> NE Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject:

We also have Prussia and Germany? Sardinia was actually in the Napoleonic Wars too...

As for Albania, some of the Ottoman military came from Albania due to the occupation at the time....

Furthermore, all of these suggestions are either European or Napoleonic....
TrollPrinceBilly XVII
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject:

http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2257

This is probably the place to talk about Civs like Albania/Sardinia.
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Hello Alain Magnan and welcome to this forum. Thank you for your suggestion but since you are new to this forum I'm going to show what NE is looking for, about the future of this mod, so in the future you might come up with better ideas Mr. Green

@Haiti
Not just the mod is focused primarily in Europe but we seek for stronger civilizations of the timeline 1555-1815/25 to use as NE civilizations. Just look at the civs added by NE, Austria, Prussia, Sweden, USA, all of them were very significant powers in Europe and abroad. Although Switzerland wasn't really powerful, its soldiers filled the ranks of the elite regiments of many renowned european armies and on NE 2.2 Switzerland will be transformed into a support/team civilization. Where do you find Haiti alongside the civilizations mentioned above?! Confused
@Sardinia
In case a single state can't fulfill the requisites to be a NE Civ, than we like to group them with other minor states in order to get something better. But they have to share a lot of things between them, like geographical proximity, language, culture, warfare style and they must be historically related. So we came up with NE Germany and NE Italy. In future version, NE India will be transformed, in order to represent the Mughals, Maratha, Sikh etc. You can't compare Sardinia with Prussia, since the later was a great power on his own right. On the other hand none of the Italian states were powerful enough at the time, so by grouping them into a single civ, we came up with a better solution. The units you suggested aren't good either. Give them a CHEAPER but STRONGER fusilier isn't on NE style. Artigliere means Artillery Man, so it doesn't work as a musketeer.
@Albania
Well I'm afraid you totally messed up this one. I guess with Mahmud you means Kara Mahmud, the Pasha of Scutari on the timeline of Napoleon I. Well he was usually warring the Sublime Porte (Ottoman government) but wasn't fully independent. The military units you choosed are totally obsolete. Dervishime Neutral Balkan Janissary Confused Babiali Topmodel What the hell is that?!
Anyway thanks for your suggestions and I hope this will be useful to understand the goals of NE.
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:42 pm    Post subject:

Embarassed Sad
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject:

Firestorm, out of these, which, if any Embarassed, fulfill the prerequisites?

Hungary

Greece

Belgium

Just trying to do my bit for the team so apologies for my "totally obsolete" ideas... Razz
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Last thought, a Campaign?

That would be incredible... Taking control of Napoleon during such important military events... nodding smiley nodding smiley
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 7:07 pm    Post subject:

If you see this thread http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2257 there is a map on my first post. NE already made or is making most of the civilizations present of the map. But there still space for mini civilizations/natives. Greeks are one of them, which will be present on the next version Smile Hungarians are also planned as a native civilization, but they can't be a full civilization since the crown of Hungary belongs to the Habsburg Archdukes. As for Belgians they also might be present as natives but we lack military units for them. They also made a revolution shortly after the French first revolution so there is space for them history-wise but if you could find an original military unit it would be great.
Don't be ashamed Alain, finding a good civilization for NE isn't easy at all. I think I'm the last one who managed to persuade Tilanus Commodore (NE leader) to make a new civilization and it took a lot of research, historical data, a set of land military units (including unique units), economy gameplay, even a set of unique Age Up Politicians. And this is far from finished.
Again, thank you for trying to help us Wink
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:38 pm    Post subject:

No problem. Thanks for the kind words! Smile
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject:

No problem. Thanks for the kind words! Smile
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the kind words Firestorm. On a side note, does the NE team need any help with graphics? I have a bit of experience and have some good friends who could help? If there's a forum, would love the link... Thanks!
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the kind words Firestorm. On a side note, does the NE team need any help with graphics? I have a bit of experience and have some good friends who could help? If there's a forum, would love the link... Thanks!
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the kind words Firestorm.
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Shit. I can't figure out how to delete messages and I'm spamming the boards. Apologies. Help if you can... Embarassed Sad
Firestorm
NE Guard
NE Guard

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:53 pm    Post subject:

After making a post there is an option called "Edit" and after that there is a "X" which allows you to delete the post.
That "Roasted by the Firestorm on my first post, I'm honored" is quite funny Mr. Green
As I said there is still place for Native Civilizations on NE. On the next version we will introduce the Greeks, the Scots and maybe a few others. And if you have seen the natives made by the current NE team like Bavarians or Barbary Pirates, you can expect great things about the new natives. Do you have any favorite civilization, which we can include as natives on the future?
Alain Magnan
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Thanks... I appreciate your understanding when I'm a class A n00b. Would LOVE to see Haiti as natives or as a French consulate option? Train Maroons and unlocks Gather Speed Increases for Mills and Plantations...
Tramplefoot
Spy

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject:

We have Netherlands as a classic civ, but how about the French-built Kingdom of Holland?

Holland
> Defensive Team based civilization

Royal Guards: French Hussar, Royal Veles
Unique Units: Corps Israelieten, cavalry disabled (except French Hussar)
Unique Mechanics: Settlers limited at 50. Can train both advanced French settlers, and regular Villagers. Cannot build the shared set of European units. Has an excessive amount of TEAM cards, has research in the University for different Banner Armies, which sends different units around the Kingdom.

Unique Research:

- Reign of Terror: Your unexpected upheaval to the position of a monarch has dramatically influenced your troops with the fearsome shadow of your bloodthirsty brother. Your infantry gets %50 more hitpoints, but your gatherers work %25 slower.

- Sang de Conscrits: The dutch resist your conscription, but you are the Law.
Delivers 10 Conscripts, but each time this policy used, your next Age Up costs 500 food more. Disabled in the Imperial Age.

- Return to the Consul: Accept your brother's offering, and transform into a French settlement. Your Dutch villagers are removed, and Hollander banner armies are now disabled, but French Hussars and all your newly trained French units cost %10 less, as a small gift from the Supreme Emperor.

- Lodewijk's Gambit: Reject your brother's command and transform into a Dutch settlement. Your French villagers are removed, and French Hussars are no longer trainable, but your Conscripts transform into Imperial Skirmishers. A present for your wise decision, 3000 Coin, is sent to your court by the humble William I.
and you're not there, you're not there, Soledad!
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4