Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CasualBeta
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: My stategy

Restokc wrote:
What I do when using Sweden is just BOOM with a max of 48 settlers and 2 factories, and then fortify my town. After that I just recruit A TON of Mercenary Loyal Fusiliers (they have like 170+ attack) and a few Heavy cannons, and that is pretty much unstoppable.

I do this when playing 40 min treaty against hard level computers, but I have never played NE with other people, so I don't know how effective this would be against real people.

Well it depend on many factors such as opponent dacks, the condition of the match, the map itself and etc...
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: My stategy

Restokc wrote:
What I do when using Sweden is just BOOM with a max of 48 settlers and 2 factories, and then fortify my town. After that I just recruit A TON of Mercenary Loyal Fusiliers (they have like 170+ attack) and a few Heavy cannons, and that is pretty much unstoppable.

I do this when playing 40 min treaty against hard level computers, but I have never played NE with other people, so I don't know how effective this would be against real people.
I herd of two people who tried this... apparently it was close to unstoppable. Rolling Eyes Which is only fair Devil

Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject:

c-o-o-l and very hard to beat
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Yes, but it's not as easy to do in a normal supremacy game Wink

Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject:

yep. The peace doesn't last long...
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 pm    Post subject:

What you can do with Sweden, though, is to play very defensive, since you don't have to expand your base that much in order to collect resources.

Once you have enough money... GÅ PÅ I GOSSAR BLÅ!!! Devil

TheAussieDigger
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:13 am    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:
What you can do with Sweden, though, is to play very defensive, since you don't have to expand your base that much in order to collect resources.

the swedes had to get the ability cos they were useless at trying to expand territory Devil lol
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject:

Useless at expanding ^^ Lern your history, boy Devil

TheAussieDigger
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject:

it was a joke, swedens starting possy in etw s testament to ur territorial gains, before u decided to give it all up lol
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject:

Hey, that wasn't nice! We didn't give it all up. We were utterly defeated Devil

TheAussieDigger
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:39 am    Post subject:

im wondering...NE gives sweden best millitary might when upgraded yet etw hs their inf as just like anyone elses and not really that superior at all.

Patriotism aside, which is more historically correct? Confused
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 pm    Post subject:

It depends on at what time you look at.

Historicallyy speaking, the swedish line infantry was amongst the most efficient in it's day - and then especially in hand combat. The usuall tactic at the hight of power was to fire one volley at a very close range, and then charge. The army was also very modern and well-equipped.

One of the most important things, I suppose, is that all infantry was about as good. The alottment system allowed Sweden to have a proffessional army of an unmatched size in comparision with population.

Prussia is often referred to as one of history's most militaristic states. In fact, Sweden was as militarized as prussia was, only before the rise of prussia.

If you look at the statistics of the major battles in the Great nordic war, you will still see that the Swedish losses are very low compared to the enemy's.

One of the most famous examplees of this is the battle of Narva in 1700, between Sweden and Russia. The russian force had fortified lines of about 40 000 men and 180 guns. The Swedish force was about 8500 men strong, and 0 guns. When the battle was over, the russians had lost 15'000 men, about 20'000 was captured. The Swedish losses were 667 men.

Sure, the russians wasn't the best at this time, but the entire war continues in the same manor, vs. the much better polish and especially saxon troops.

Look at the 30 years war. Gustav II Adolf is usually entitled "the father of modern warfare".

There was a decline after 1718, though, definetly. But before that, the Swedish army was absolute top-notch in Europe. The size would have been the main issue. Topmodel

Also, in ETW, the swedish line infantry has elevated morale, I think.

Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:
Hey, that wasn't nice! We didn't give it all up. We were utterly defeated Devil

lol lol

Sweden rocked during 30 years war and Nordic War, but after that sucked hard at army
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject:

That was a bit shorter conclusion lol

I wouldn't say the army sucked hard, but in relation to other armies of the day, it wasn't as good as it once were.

So in NE, the swedish army is represented in it's early state. In ETW, they have had a bit of trouble. The problem there is that the game should describe the starting year, and then bee more free. In 1700, Sweden had one of the strongest armies in Europe, most likely the strongest in relation to population size.

If the great Nordic war had been won (which isn't very likely because of the small population) the Swedish army would probably have remained much stronger. Because of that, it could be seen as a bit unjust to have the Swedish line infantry in ETW so weak, and then especially in mele.

The army faced a decay mainly because since Charles XII didn't want to loot the polish treasury, since it was his opinion that the polish population shouldn't pay for something that their king had drawn them into *facepalm*, so the state didn't win money even though they won most of the war. Also, the strong warrior kings dissappeared and was repleaced by weaklings and a parliment that was tired of war, and thus neglected the army.

TheAussieDigger
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:27 am    Post subject:

interesting! Mr. Green thumbs up!

and in etw sweden has the average morale of 7. prussia and gb r 8. austria is 6 Wink
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject:

Oh yes, now I remember. They changed the stats for the line infanty in one of the patches, right? I'm rather certain the Swedish unit had one elevated stat before, you see, and I wonder if that wasn't morale. Before, didn't GB line inf have 9?

AS to conclude this entire chapter: both games are wrong and innaccurate. in NE they are too powerful, in ETW too weak.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10