Emperor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject:

lol Sweden in ETW should be: early ROOOCK! late suck

In NE, good melee stats, but medium civ overall
andreschou
Prussian Landwehr
Prussian Landwehr

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Sweeden rocks

imo sweeden are one of the most OP civs in tha game, and they r easy too play, just go torp boom Smile thats it
sufjanfan
Gatling Gun
Gatling Gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:32 pm    Post subject:

agreed nodding smiley
TheAussieDigger
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:
Oh yes, now I remember. They changed the stats for the line infanty in one of the patches, right? I'm rather certain the Swedish unit had one elevated stat before, you see, and I wonder if that wasn't morale. Before, didn't GB line inf have 9?

gb and prussia used to have 10 and it was a LOT more varied, but people didnt like the balance issues coffee
Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 pm    Post subject:

can u plz sto creating all topics ETw ones...
sufjanfan
Gatling Gun
Gatling Gun

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject:

yeah, i don't play it, so keep things in the etw thread where i can avoid them lol
TheAussieDigger
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject:

Drago wrote:
can u plz sto creating all topics ETw ones...

we werent talking about etw, we were using it as a reference as to how superioir swedish troops were! Rolling Eyes

cant u see the difference? lol
Drago
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject:

no, u weren't u were going in the ETw direction quite veryyyyy straight
wunzigan
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Sweden are terrific civ to play NR40 or NR 55 games. Here I mention some pros and cons that are valid for online play. I tend to reach 2850+ score with them in NR40. Just bear in mind to reach Imperial with all econmic upgrades before the 20 min mark.

Sweden will always go for torp boom.

Pros:

Good eco - The idea, is have most of the wood cards, and use Timber Export at the end, I also leave the factories in wood. Because what you need is GOLD. If you do it right, you can get 180k+ Gold by the end of the treaty. Just keep like 5-10 on Food for the sake of it, and for some upgrades. The rest on wood as soon as you hit the Imperial age.

Great Military - Although Swedes have the extra unit upgrades, its highly advisable to use Swedish Fusiliers and Culverins as your only military combo. You can also get some horse cannons in between, since they are instant, and have a bonus. Culverins are great here, they have a splash area bonus with the card. And the fusiliers will take the rest. If the enemy just spams skirmishers no problem, get the instant horse artillery and they´re gone. So, combo unit should be culverins and Swed. Fusiliers. Culverins also get a bonus against buildings with the same card. As an alternative for the Horse artillery you could use Hackapells. But for the task ahead, I seem to find cannons more effective.

Cons:

Resources Heavy. Even though Swedish military army is hard to beat, you must ensure that you can knock off your opponent quite fast. If he finds a way to stall you, believe me, you will run out of funds. Swedish fusiliers cost 300G each. And in treaty games, 160k Gold can run out quite fast.

Slow XP gathering and shipments. This will give you a slow start, so use your cards wisely.

Slow training points for villies, make sure to get the extra TC as soon as you can. Thank god you can only make 50 villies. The extra TC´s can only be made once you have researched the tech at the Capitol.
masskiller
Tsar
Tsar

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject:

sufjanfan wrote:
yeah, i don't play it, so keep things in the etw thread where i can avoid them lol

Agreed

Quote:
Resources Heavy. Even though Swedish military army is hard to beat, you must ensure that you can knock off your opponent quite fast. If he finds a way to stall you, believe me, you will run out of funds. Swedish fusiliers cost 300G each. And in treaty games, 160k Gold can run out quite fast.

Slow XP gathering and shipments. This will give you a slow start, so use your cards wisely.

Slow training points for villies, make sure to get the extra TC as soon as you can. Thank god you can only make 50 villies. The extra TC´s can only be made once you have researched the tech at the Capitol.

True as well, but their pros make up for it.
arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject:

about that "Slow XP gathering and shipments. This will give you a slow start, so use your cards wisely" their no are slow, because i can age up with good resourses..... the problem is the strategy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject:

No, Sweden have slower shipment rates. I notice it.

arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:20 pm    Post subject:

well, nothing is perfect Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
wunzigan
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject:

What I meant, is that Sweden needs more XP to get a shipment, or it can also be, that the XP trickle for Sweden is slower, I am unsure which of the two it is. But the outcome is the same. The thing with Sweden for example, is that by the time you get your 5th card, Italy get its 7th or 8th, and almost the same for the Swiss. In a rush games its more important than treaty one, but still, choose carefully what you need. Set priorities.

Also, the villie production is a bit slower than the rest. And the only way, I found to have a strong eco, and a devastating army, given the fact that I only have 50 villies, is using timber export, and massing Swedish fusiliers and culverins + Hackapells and Horse Cannons as optional. Your eco can support that, and the opponent will think twice before launching an attack and with what. Anything else, you have to change your eco, your troops wont be that strong, and probably you will have less resources, and less score. I tried the mining strategy, but it doesnt reach anywhere near the timber export levels. With mines I could get 100k gold, but with Timber Export, 160k+. Dont forget, that the ratio for exchange is over 1.75, the highest in the game, so far. It had to be rewarded somehow, right, considering you have to collect wood.
arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject:

recolect wood is easy, the problem is recolect coin or food, because their are slow, but the infantry and artilllery are powerful in great numbers... in especially the leather cannon...
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
recolect wood is easy, the problem is recolect coin or food, because their are slow,
Wood are generally slower to collect than food and coin.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10