Italians
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcalion
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject:

mmm.... icant play as italians, i unistall NE, because i need work in the other mod
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
fendre
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject:

Moneylending is useful if you have time. Their army is not the best(probably a swedish army is better), but can be played

It is also good, that you dont have to take a settler off the gathering to build, you just let your merchants gather, and architects to build
Canyoufifa
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Im sorry for commenting on a post that seems to have died a long time ago but @ malabar I was just wondering why you had the starting resources you did it seems to me that the italians are more gold heavy than anything and the balance of resources just doesnt seem to match up with their playstyle
Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject:

That guy isn't active any more, so I doubt you'll have an answer.
Canyoufifa
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Oh wow that sucks. How many people actually still play this mod?
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject:

There is no certain way to determine, right? It's in any case safe to say that far more people play it than are active on the forums. You made a few posts on this forum last year. If anyone had addressed you during the time from when you last were here until now, would you have answered? Statistically not, just like the person you are now addressing.

NE has with all likelihood been downloaded several hundred thousand times, so even if the retention rate would be really low there should be a quite substantial amount of people playing it.

Canyoufifa
Settler
Settler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject:

well on ESO I rarely see people with NE, is it available for play on other internet providers such as gameranger?
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes, you can play via Game ranger.

It is true that not a lot of people are playing online randomly (I have a felling most peope play NE offline, in part because they don't think there are any players online which means a negative circle is formed), but there are quite frequently people coming here seeking out people to play against online, who also claim they do with their friends on a fairly regular basis. If you wish to play online my suggestion is you try to contact one of them. Wink Tilanus just set u a new player database thread which you can add your details to if you want. Since it is so new there aren't many names in there yet, but you can always try to send a PM to one of the countless other thread starters in the battlefield sub-section and hope they have e-mail notice of PMs on.

roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject:

Italians? My favorite civ (since i am partially Italian)!!!! But are we talking about rush game, or treaty game?
If were talking about normal supremacy game, then this is what i do:
Firstly, I usually get rennesance card in age 1. Also, i have most of the "City" cards, which may seem useless in a rush game, but if all rush fails, its back to eco. and u cant get an eco with 42 merchants Mr. Green
back to strategy...Usually, what i do is get rennesance (as i said lol) and split villies on food/coin. I build market and house, and once i can, i get the moneylanding. From the coin i get, i trade soem coin until i get 600, and age up with teh 600 food one (about 2 mins 30 sec something like that)...then i take 1 vilie from each food and coin and put them on wood. My second shipment will be either 8 crossbows or St. Johns Company (2 elmeti and 1 priest) if i have 800 coin avalable. Also each moneylanding is great. I build barracks halfway to them (also i cut wood at the foward base) and make crossbows/muskets...only muskets if i have food. Then, whenever i get St. Johns Company....i keep priest back and if rush fails then he can heal them (this will be relatively useful.
I'll edit this for treaty later, gtg soon.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Uluebalang
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject:

when i play as italians, i like to use condottieri, crossbowmen, pikemen, falconet, pavise and italian elmeti. and then i'm wait until the enemy atacking first, so it will make my men are mad then my men will strike the enemy base Mr. Green
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject:

usually i inlude pavise, elmeti, conditerrie, crossbow and horse artillery. sometimes utili if they are cav heavy

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
dibe91
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject:

I've seen everything in this forum, but except for one thing ... the opinion of an Italian! before telling my I have to thank the authors of the mod. Thank vivavente have included my country since storicalmente we were not united and good fighters since the Roman Empire collapsed. but now we're speaking from my own side ... first of all the power of Italy is based on the power-ups, it was born in Italy the Renaissance period in which there is a change of perspective from God to 'man. but speaking of the units finally the crossbowman can be enhanced up to the fifth age!! although I think it should be stronger than the Swiss ones ... but I must say that we have made a side that can challenge other factions ....
Draco Dracul
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject:

How do you train Nuncios?

It says they are trained at the Basilica, but that only has upgrades and brigades. Are they supposed to be only available through age ups and home city shipments?
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

You don't train them like normal units, you 'manufacture' them.

CasualBeta
Totenkopfhusar
Totenkopfhusar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

SAOL wrote:

'manufacture'....

wat? You mean hire? Am I right?
Pawelec_POLAND
Continental Marine
Continental Marine

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

CasualBeta wrote:
SAOL wrote:

'manufacture'....
wat? You mean hire? Am I right?

You need to set Basilica to spawn Nuncios just like Factories to spawn heavy artillery.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7