Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chzchan
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject:

RoyalGuard wrote:
Oh yeah well you see I never play treaty games and I revolt in normal games so i never had the chance to stack resources since I needed to make a constant defensive force. So yeah that's why I considered the Dutch the second best(for tons of gold after revolution), after bug fix number 1.

Yes Chzchan the Americans were the best because of that, but it was only a bug so bye bye strategy haha. Besides you can get a card that gives you all Imperial age unit upgrades for free so its not that bad for the others.

I can actually stack gold better as the Americans than I can with the Dutch.

What I do is have the Land Grab and Advanced Farming cards by third age and have one villager build 19 plantations.

Advance to 4th and build a University and research the tech that allows me to build Miners from Artillery Foundries. Miners spawned from Artillery Foundries have no build limit unlike the ones spawn from Town Centers which have a build limit of 20.

Then I use the Fencing School, Ellis Island, and French Immigrant (4th age) cards along with the Standing Army tech from the Church. With the combination of these cards Miners spawn instantly (literally instantly as in no timer whatsoever) from Artillery Foundries.

At this point, I kill any excess units until I only have my Frontiersmen left.

With all of these techs set into place, I use my vast reserves of food and small bit of saved up gold to instantly spawn 190 Miners to tend to the 19 plantations that had been built.

This is the fastest way to produce gold in the game.

At some point I usually use that card that exchanges gold for more food to make up for my lack of villagers farming food.

I also buy wood and food until the market maxes out at 250 so that my opponents are incapable of using the market.

This can all be done within a 40 minute treaty period.

America strong etc.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Okay, lol, this is truly OP, even though I have never seen anyone playing the game like you. Sick! lol

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Chzchan
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject:

There are actually a lot of "discoveries" that I have made with the Americans and various other civs that I'm not sure others are aware of which make each civ OP in its own way.

For instance, the American Consulate. The first tribe you can ally with that has the blue and white oval pattern gives your ranged units an attack bonus. You can ally and de-ally with them again in order to receive the bonus again, along with the Town Centers and Travois. This makes it so that you can't de-ally with them a third time, though, so I am pretty sure it was intended.

This along with the French Skirmisher immigrant shipment which can be sent multiple times, the specific ranged unit buff cards, Kentucky Rifles, Arsenal techs and the unit upgrades at the Barracks make the American Skirmisher the most powerful Skirmisher in the entire game in comparison to how much it costs to produce.

Even though British Green Jackets are stronger stat-wise, you can probably make 2-3 US Rangers for every one Green Jacket with the same resources, and the Rangers only take up 1 pop and can be spammed.

I'm pretty sure people already know that you can send all immigrant cards that you have used already as the Americans a second time once you reach imperial, but I'm not sure they know that you can actually send them a third time once you go Great Revolution. This might be a bug, though, as it has not consistently occurred for me. It happens almost randomly during Great Revolution and not the moment the Revolt timer ends. The cards just magically become available again. Spooky, huh.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject:

I'd be glad if you could tell me them, so that I can fix these glitches in the game. I haven't been relevant in the design process of the last version, so I find myself from time to time modding something I don't know very well.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
RoyalGuard
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Amazing really I always thought miners had a pop limit, that's why i always thought making them from the artillery was useless especially because yes they are instant. That's huge hacks to have unlimited miners hahah. With !!190!! miners i am not surprised that yes its the fastest hahah. Thats hilarious what you do with the market, because yeah its rage when stuff is a huge ripoff. I actually knew that with the consulate, but I was never a big fan of rangers, do they really become stronger than Swedish and Prussian skirmishers, thats amazing. That's never happened to me that revolution thing that's nice.
Chzchan
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject:

They don't get stronger than the Swedish Skirmishers who can use invisibility, but they have a much longer range than the Prussian Skirmisher and they cost much much less than either and can be instantly spawned with the right cards.

I think it is around 50 food and 50 gold for a single Imperial Ranger.

They have 24 range and 45 base ranged attack along with ~350 health at max if I remember correctly.

I'll check it over a bit later.

They are incredibly powerful at defense and support because of their range and because they cost so little and can easily be spammed.
RoyalGuard
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Thats still good though, haha impressive stats. Yeah the Swedish are too good, easily my number one civilization if not the Austrians. Although I agree everyone is super good !
skhsri
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject:

I played the americans a while back in a 2v2 comp stomp game and hit 4,000 score(also 2750 score with austrians) as seen in http://www.ne.elpea.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1765 thread. I never knew that the miners had no build limit.
ThePrussianMink
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:11 am    Post subject:

Hmm, I don't think I've ever ressurected a three years old thread before, but I suppose this is where questions about the americans should go. Smile

How should I deal with enemy cavalery while playing as the americans? Especially in the early ages, I'm really missing pikemen.
Ande59
Italian Utili
Italian Utili

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:09 am    Post subject:

Well, for the early game, Marines are cheap, fast-training, reliable, and their melee stats against cavalry are very strong. They're really the back-bone of the American army.

Dealing with cavalry in the mid-late game would involve either Dragoons or even the natives from your Consulate.

"German Uhlan spam is lame" -StrelletToIndustrial
SAOL
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Yup, I agree.

On a braoder plane and note it seems as if, in my experience, that a lot of people don't understand the ability and value of musketeer type units in melee. I quite often have a group of them that I switch between ranged and melee.

Makedonia
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I just ship a bunch of immigrants in Age II! You can get a lot of money with that Dutch immigrant card!
stubbo
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Out of interest...is Emancipation Proclamation still a thing? Playing as Yanks and can't find that tech to use it.

Cheers,
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

That's the one that frees the slaves, right? I can't find it either. However with the slave card (the one that gives 10 slaves and boosts their gather rate) twice (send before age 5 and again after) and if you age up with the 25% slaves gather rate, you pretty much have slaves at the normal gather rate. So, i'm not sure if it really matters.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Crazy Crusher
Austrian Line Infantry
Austrian Line Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:06 am    Post subject:

Fig Newton wrote:
I feel that mounted riflemen are underpowered.. if they were closer to the strength of the Sioux mounted riflemen they would be worth the 2 pop space.

I agree. They cost far more than skirmishers, but are actually weaker. I want to be encouraged to use the royal guards, but mounted rifleman are just too weak for me to want to use them.
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The reason they don't have the stats of skirmishers is because I do believe they kill infantry and cavalry both, from range, on horseback. You can hit and run much more effectively with mounted riflemen than with skirmishers. Hussars cost much more than musketeers, because there is a horse.

Also, that comment was written in 2009. I don't think he'll be responding lol

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Balance & Strategies All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7