Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Forum Index -> Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Completely agreed to that.

I must say I'm still overwhelmed by all the new possibilities that we got with granny files. TAA lost its inventional status over night, the combinations - except the animations - are nothing special anymore, now people can righteously say "why didn't you make new 3d models?". TAA is in view of Persia, Rome and Greece still under 50%. Not that much below that, but still.
Taking in work for 3d models would kick TAA back to the very beginning. It's a disaster for me: TAA was supposed to be realistic and now I got the chance to raise the state of realism, but I absolutely hate its consequences for the working table.
I admit I haven't been doing much for NE in the last time, Yomgui's absent and I prefer working in a team that is present, even though I could do these jobs on my own of course.

We might release a new NE version this weekend. There'll be fixed bugs, some new content, but not that as much as we planned. However, you'll have a version that (hopefully) doesn't require an additional hotfix.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:57 pm    Post subject:

true, true, with this developement all the changes we/you made (we sounds better in context, whereas you is more realistic Wink ) are but childsplay compared to what is possible now, eventho most of it was close to pioneer work at it's time :/ I feel like a Longbowman when presented a Rifle, a telegraphist when seeing a telephone or a farrier who spots a car driving by his little workshop.

ah, I'm getting nostalgic.

wohoo new NE I'd better clean up my AoEIII folders. maybe this'll een motivate me to intall this steppe mod.
KidtoonStudios
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Game dynamics

Kidtoon
Studios

I have an idea the Greek civilization has its own unique factions that you can chose from when build a Parthenon for example when you chose spartan nationality you get more powerful Hoplites and special war houses that train spartan Hoplites and attack enemy units but if you chose Athenian you get a special bowman and a 10% navy discount and with Macedonian the ability to train a elite calvary unit companion calvary and 10% discount for infantry and i think its a good idea if all Greeks have two types of housing military and civilian housing because up until near the fall of Greece thats how it worked in all Greek society.

OK now on to the middle eastern civilizations the Egyptians should build monuments to age because thats actually how i worked in Egyptian society Also Egyptians should have laborers automatically spawn at Government palaces which is what i think Egyptians should build instead of town centers
as well i think they should have a larger training quo capacity than usual and an elephant unit

Now for the Hebrew i'm thinking that they have a special ability that all their units have where there is a small chance that the unit will have a double attack like when Goliath was defeated by just one small child also i'm thinking that their priests actually convert enemy units and i'm thinking
the have a special slinger unit they actually did have a thing for slinger

well thats all for now
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject:

Welcome!

Interesting indeed.
we actually had something similar planned for the Hellens just not building based but based on age up politicans and HC cards. still I've got some questions: what do you mean with "war house" does it represent the houses of the nobility or what?
where were the athenians famed archers? the cretans were and so were the phocians(tho known for having better bowmen than other greeks is not much^^) they had good light hoplites and Marines and maybe a better cavalry than the spartans but archers?

well Egyptians weren't exactly planned(as a playable civ) as they a) afford more moddeling and b) were ruled by foreign powers most of our timeline.
but with moddeling beeing possible now it may happen, someday Wink

Hebrews were never actually planned as playable, for the simple reason of not beeing important enough at all. And I'd like to add some things: a well placed Slingshot is often deadly and the reason you'd think the Hebrews had a thing for slingers is quite simple: many of them were sheperds and poor, meaning they could not afford real weapons. same goes for the inhabitants of iberia(so not exclusively iberians Wink ) or the rhodians.
Afaik only the balearic and rhodian slingers were ever seen as "superior" and not just poor guys without spears.
Paco the Great
Fusilier
Fusilier

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject:

What about the ancient Arabs? They could be interesting. The cavalry (well, camelry) for them are amazing.
Pepp
Young Guard
Young Guard

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Maybe for native, as there is no too much account about them. But Nabatteans are more interesting.

Harkimo
Emperor
Emperor

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Well... Arabs is a little bit uncharted I think, but why not? We need a map with them though, and a bit of research to prove it!
barsit
Explorer
Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject:

what about Libya http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya maybe like natives
Hoop Thrower
Councillor
Councillor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject:

barsit wrote:
what about Libya http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libya maybe like natives

Ain't them just carthage/phoenicians (depending on timeline)

Quote:
Work hard? No, it is a game rather than a work; interesting rather than hard.

Visit Wotta!
Ca Putt
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Carthage controlled a tiny coast strip at it's hight and incorporated the libyans into their society just to a limited amount(socalled libophonecians).

The Libyans were never the great Troop shopingplace but always part of the fun^^

A good choice for a native imho
Janissary
NE Assistant
NE Assistant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 am    Post subject:

Egyptians?
danielpereira
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

TAA is dead and abandoned.

RIP TAA
2008 - 2011
roy1012
Infantry Officer
Infantry Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject:

danielpereira wrote:
TAA is dead and abandoned.

RIP TAA
2008 - 2011

exactly, thats waht im trying to tell everyone. nonetheless, i think that it should be brought back.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RoySOTR

Feel free to add me.
Killer30411
French Conscript
French Conscript

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject:

First of all, nobody is working on TAA. An second, when are you going to make a new civs for TAA?
Killzerslaul
The Ancient Age
The Ancient Age

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject:

That depends entirely on Tilanus' whims, and how many talented, determined and free 3D modellers & texturers you happen to be carrying with you.

Personally I'd also like to see TAA finished, but I was never really a core team member and I don't really have any of the skills to produce the art assets for the mod, so I could not do anything significant on my own. (other than, well, trying to learn)

Of course, even if work on the mod does begin again, I imagine a very long time would be spent dealing with the Romans & Greeks before new civs are even considered.
Tilanus Commodor
NE Commander
NE Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Well, the civs were always clear: Romans, Hellenes, Celts, Carthaginians and Persians. Celts and Persians had already experienced progressed concept work, whereas Carthaginians always remained in a very rough shape.

These would have been the 5 main civs forever. Anything else was planned as either minor or medium civ.

** Support me to support NE **

Test your Age of Empires knowledge in my
Grand Age of Empires quiz! King Green!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Age Of Empires III: The Ancient Age All times are GMT
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10